Wholesale Suppliers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyElegant

Reaction score
Hi all! I am in search for candle supply companies that offer a "true" wholesale price. I am working on opening a shop, and have been talking to the business center at our local community college. He assures me all this time that I have been purchasing supplies, that I have been paying a low retail price. I currently have 2 main suppliers that offer discounts by quantity, but I am look for a supplier that I have to use my sales and tax ID number..... Any advice would be great!!!!!!
And by the way, the 2 that I love are www.candlescience.com and Aztec (www.buywax.com)
:?

Thanks
Crystal
www.simplyelegantsoy.com

You can email manufacturers about buying directly from them, however, to do so will likely require a large chunk of change because they most likely aren't going to want to sign a new contract with a new business for smaller amounts of wax than they usually have in their wholesale accounts. Keep in mind that its not just the amount of wax that you would need to buy, there's usually also a minimum dollar amount you have to purchase with each order you place. I work with fibers as well, and many of the wholesale millers have a $500 minimum order. Can you afford high minimum dollar amount orders as a new business?

Consider the volume that Aztec (whom I live only about 45 minutes from) and Candle Science do. Combined, I bet they easily ship out more than 1 ton of wax a week and probably even each company does that in a week, as well known as they are. I've seen Aztec's storage warehouse. It is packed with wax and oil drums. They have a fast turnover rate.

As a fledgling business, unless you have adequate storage space AND the capital to invest in a large amount of wax, your best bet is to place large orders with the vendors to get the best price break. If you are concerned about getting the tax break but want to try a new supplier, why not simply email their customer service and ask if they accept your tax ID number and can keep it on file? You may have to call in your orders but if it saves you some money with not having to pay taxes, go for it.

Latest posts

Back