Fairly good quality pots & pans????????????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamarajane

Reaction score
I'm looking for good quality pots and pans. What do you recommend? I'm looking at caphylon (on ebay as cheep as poss!!) Thanks guys!
Iknow there are chefs out there! 8)

tamarajane said:
I'm looking for good quality pots and pans. What do you recommend? I'm looking at caphylon (on ebay as cheep as poss!!) Thanks guys!
Iknow there are chefs out there! 8)

It depends on your budget, you could literally drop $60 or more for just one pan for the high end stuff...

I use stainless steel everything... I dont like the non-stick stuff because once scratched you must throw them away, there are loads of research articles out there and studies that suggest that many illnesses (to include cancer, gall bladder disease, and others) are due to the chemical agents they use in nonstick pans...

I use Chefmate stainless steel pots and pans, theyre cheaper and they last..in addition, they are lined with a copper base on the bottom of them so the heat is distributed more evenly, ensuring that all contents of the pan are at the same temperature, ive had the same set for about 6 years now and theyre still going strong!

so thats my 2 cents :)

I love my Le Creuset. They heat evenly, clean effortlessly and wear beautifully. I've got a few sizes of stock pots, a couple casseroles and some fry pans and a grill pan. I use them daily, they've never chipped or warped.

I got a couple open stock stainless pans at Macy's - their brand 'Tools of the Trade'. They won't last forever, but they've held up well.

Keep an eye out for a All-Clad on sale, I got a great stainless windsor pot that's a dream for making sauces.

I've never found a set of anything that I've ever liked, there are always pieces I'll never use or something missing I just have to have. It's usually a better value to get only the pieces you need.

Thanks for the advice! I'm just looking for a couple of good sauce pans. I've got several good frying pans, but my pots are pathetic! I know what you mean about the sets Deda, they just don't have what I need. I really want something stainless. I have one tiny stainless pot I love to cook in that MIL bought us 2 years ago and an old copper bottom that works great too. I just need some better sizes!

tamarajane said:
Thanks for the advice! I'm just looking for a couple of good sauce pans. I've got several good frying pans, but my pots are pathetic! I know what you mean about the sets Deda, they just don't have what I need. I really want something stainless. I have one tiny stainless pot I love to cook in that MIL bought us 2 years ago and an old copper bottom that works great too. I just need some better sizes!

I feel that! I have 2 huge pots for sauce and stuff i made my dad give to me (we are a restauraneur family...and thus ... always an abundance of kitchen equipment ) lol... Ive been spoiled in terms of kitchen supplies... when I build a house , the only room I really care about having a part in deciding what goes into it is the kitchen... Viking range w/ Twin convection ovens .. and grill/ 8 burners, griddle/flat top,) Hobart 30qt mixer... hood, island, granite everywhere... 2 stage stainless sink...nake my own mini walkin fridge/freezer combo... places to hang all the pots/pans ...huge wood cutting board, japanese steel knives...pasta drying racks, spice racks, warming drawers..NO MICROWAVE SHALL SET FOOT IN MY KITCHEN. the works... lol

thats my dream :) a real production kitchen :)

of course I dont even want to think about the electric/gas bill... but yanno.. I can dream lol I want to feel like Im cooking in a restaurant when Im at home.. everything I need :)...

ditto the le creuset. Picked a couple up at an opshop near on 20yr ago-lasted til only a couple yrs back,when my son majorly burned something & then tried to chip out the residue with a knife.Gouged the enamel away in the process. They're not cheap but with proper care will literally last a lifetime.
On the flipside,I have some solidbase SS pans from the supermarket cheap as,but they're really good pots.

Will look out for le crueset. I saw some at a kitch store and they are pricey! But I guess you get what you pay for. I looked at a set of emerilware and thought they would be good cause they're made by all clad, but after I did some research I decided no way. The lids explode, the copper clad insert falls off the bottom, and they stick like crazy. Who would have thought? They looked like they were good quality.
I hear you Ian! I've always wanted a HUGH kitchen cause I've always had a tiny one. I'd have to have a lot of cabinets for all the gadgets and gizmos left to me by my mom and the stuff I've accumulated over the years. I was really surprized at the kitchen in the 5 star hotel we just finished. It was laid out all wrong and was so small! I'm no 5 star chef but I just couldn't see skimping on the kitchen like they did!

Latest posts

Back