Pretty proud of this one...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
Tangerine and Bergamot essential oils for the scent and turmeric and madder root for the color. They will probably fade a lot but... meh! Lol I'll enjoy it while I can.

Soap.jpg

Soap 2.jpg

Very pretty. I like the colors together.

Thanks! I was trying for some kinda orange. Hopefully it doesn't fade too much. The madder root came out a lot more vibrant than originally intended. But I'm not complaining! It's hard to get vibrant when using only herbs :)

Thanks snappy and Irish! First soap that has behaved for me in a while. I was patient, let the soaps sit in the molds for 2 days before I even looked at them (well, maybe I peeled the mold away from the side of one of the loaves hehe). They popped out in a snap and they cut like butter, really really nice butter that isn't melting. Ahhh, this is such a confidence booster. Finally!

Please keep us posted on the madder root and if it fades over time. I haven't experimented with it or alkanet but I'm also impressed with how vibrant your pink is! What ratio did you use?

I have used madder successfully in the past, for at least 6 months and it stayed a really nice rosy pink. Also, though I didn't edit the photo, I think it is a bit more vibrant than it actually is.

I used 1 tbsp in about 1 lb. I just kinda eyeball it when I portion out my batter.

I will definitely post more photos after the cure.

Please keep us posted on the madder root and if it fades over time. I haven't experimented with it or alkanet but I'm also impressed with how vibrant your pink is! What ratio did you use?

Oh and I have also used alkanet. Got a really awesome muted shade of lavender. I guess I used about 1 tsp for .5 lb. I don't have any photos of that as I sold out at a show before I had the chance :)

Awesome colors and design! Great to see natural colorants. Do you feel any scratchiness on the surface, or are they smooth?

Thanks! Honestly, I've been using natural colorants since I started making soap and the only ingredient that I've found to be too scratchy are coffee grounds. But they might not have been ground finely enough. All herbs are going to be scratchy to an extent since they don't dissolve. But if you'd like the color and not the scratchyness, you could always make a strong oil infusion or discount your water and add a tea make from the herb after emulsion.

I love the colors! In fact, I am wearing the same pink today :) absolutely LOVE IT! !!! I don't do CP yet but love to see all the pictures :)

Hope you are not offended! If so, sorry in advance!!!

I love the colors! In fact, I am wearing the same pink today :) absolutely LOVE IT! !!! I don't do CP yet but love to see all the pictures :)

Hope you are not offended! If so, sorry in advance!!!

That's awesome! And silly, what would I be offended about?? :) I love these colors, wasn't really expecting them!

Thanks for the kind words!

That's gorgeous! I love the madder root. I haven't tried using it myself yet but it looks so pretty now I'll have to get some lol

That is beautiful. I love those colors together. I put some madder root, among other things, in an online cart yesterday. I may just have to go back and pull the trigger.

That's gorgeous! I love the madder root. I haven't tried using it myself yet but it looks so pretty now I'll have to get some lol

Thanks so much! It's holding up pretty strong, almost 2 weeks into the cure. I should get my camera out and photograph it now then again after full cure. Get it under the same lighting to show to progress of the colors. I got a natural color kit from SMR a year or so ago, still have sooo many colors to play with. Was a fun purchase!

Back