Hand creams - question on texture/consistency

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I found a combination of products that makes a strangely semi-solid texture when mixed together in the method I mix it. This product has the consistency of a hair styling wax, maybe like some pomades. It actually ends up a good bit softer than shea butter but similar in hardness. It is very easily picked up on a finger to spread but would have to be squeezed out of a tube for any other way to apply.

All in all, I have found this to be a superior moisturiser to all those that I have tried prior to this but the consistency is different than 98% of them. I don't see a problem with spreading the product but is there a preconceived idea about how a hand moisturiser should feel?

This is mostly oil and for some reason, it doesn’t leave an oily residue as it readily soaks in and is undetectable after 60-90 seconds of application, but it has intense moisturising attributes.

So, I'm asking is texture is a major issue when shopping for hand moisturiser and if a thicker paste would not be popular.

As a consumer, I HATE getting lotion under my fingernails. I get lotion in a tube for that reason. I am thinking of including some kind of applicator, like a tiny spoon, in my lotion jars.

Hi I making lotion and creams for years. You can make them or runny as you like. You can control your emulsifying wax. Here's mine the hibiscus hand cream ImageUploadedBySoap Making1419842065.060156.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1419842141.681259.jpg

Latest posts

Back