Experimenting with sugar scrub cubes. . .

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitterz

Reaction score
Last night, I made a batch of oatmeal soap. . .love the stuff!! Well after I poured it into the mold, there was a little left, so I had this crazy thought and poured more olive oil into the little bit that was left, mixed it like crazy and then dumped a bunch of sugar in to it (did not measure how much) and then put it into a mold and popped it into the freezer.

I forgot them in the freezer and took them out a few minutes ago and waiting for them to thaw. . .

Has anyone else made sugar scrub cubes this way and do they actually work or am I just wasting my time?

As far as i'm aware this sounds fairly similar to how a lot of people make sugar scrubs.

Soap queen has a tutorial that is just basically M&P, Extra oil and sugar. It sounds like you basically did the same thing but you made your own soap instead of using M&P(good judgement chilling it, lol).

My only concern would be that the extra oil was olive oil, which is sort of heavy for me;however, i think that's just personal taste

Back