~*~ SMF October 2017 Challenge - Simple Minimalistic Swirl! ~*~
~ October 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > General Chat > Who's your favorite comedian (or comedienne) ?

Old 10-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #21
lenarenee
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2007 Times on 1010 Posts
Likes Given: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewerGeorge View Post
For completely clean comedy, look for the Ryan Hamilton special on Netflix. He's really good, really polished and my wife and I were wondering why we'd never heard of him before. She looked him up online and he's been around a while but is known for being a "clean" comic. Works corporate gigs and such. Now he's got a special on Netflix called Happy Face.
Thank you - I'll check him out!

Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #22
dibbles
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2183 Times on 934 Posts
Likes Given: 2598

Gilda Radner

jcandleattic Likes This 
Old 10-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #23
jcandleattic

Liked 463 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbles View Post
Gilda Radner
Rosanne Roseannadanna was my favorite. LOL So funny!! And her Nadia Comaneci impression. So good...

Old 10-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #24
IrishLass
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 6958 Times on 3509 Posts
Likes Given: 4543

If a comedian is clean and strikes my funny bone so hard that it makes me belly laugh, they've won a loyal fan.

Several have mentioned the Carol Burnet show as being a favorite, and I heartiy agree. I'm so glad I can still catch re-runs of it in my area on ME-TV. I'd much rather watch repeats of that than much of the current stuff that passes as 'comedy' on television today. My 3 favorite sketches are 1) 'The Dentist' sketch between Tim Conway and Harvey Korman, 2) the 'Went With The Wind' sketch- a parody of 'Gone with The Wind' and 3) 'Stella Meets The Oldest Man', with Carol and Tim Conway. If you want a good laugh, they have the full sketches of all 3 up on YouTube.

As for stand-up, my nephew got us hooked on watching Tim Hawkins. He plays the guitar and intersperses a lot of humorous ditties in with his routines. Some of my favorite sketches are 'Fire Ants' and "Shortened Songs For ADD" to name a few.

My nephew also got us hooked on watching Studio C on YouTube. Their more recent stuff seems to be more hit or miss, but a lot of their older stuff is hilarious. Some of my favorites are, 'Kid's School Photo Banned', 'True Loves First Kiss', 'Mr. Ecklestone's Driver's Ed', 'Two Guys On A Scooter', I Don't Do Mornings', 'Mother Power'....I could go on and on, there's just so many of them.

IrishLass
SaltedFig Likes This 
Old 10-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #25
Indianasoapguy

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

my personal favorites are (in no particular order) Gallagher, Bill Cosby, and George Carlin. Who doesn't love the sledgeomatic. I don't care what all of those women acused Bill of, he was funny. George was hilarious back in the day. That is all I will say about that.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:39 AM   #26
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 724 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 812

I am not big into comedians, but I love Durham and his puppets. Walter is hilarious. I also like Mr bean.