~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Recipe & Tutorials Forum > Bath, Body and Aromatherapy Recipes & Tutorials > Bath bomb "baking" light?

Old 07-08-2017, 02:58 AM   #1
Toriej92

Default Bath bomb "baking" light?

Hey everyone. I have been making bath bombs for about six months now. I live in a VERY humid climate. It takes my bath bombs up to a week to dry when the most successful recipe I have found calls for only a few hours. Like many people I know I have the usual issue of the recipe working sometimes and not so much the next time.
Anyway, today while at a new bath and body store I saw the "baking" rack for bathbombs that were not finished drying yet. The bath bombs were under what looked to be maybe ultraviolet or some others types of lights? Does anyone have any have any idea about this could be? I would love to have the drying problem fixed.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
BattleGnome

Liked 699 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 861

I have heard of people putting their bath bombs in the oven at a very low heat to dry them out but don't have any experience myself.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Seawolfe

Liked 2909 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 3594

Could they have been heat lamps like restaurants use? Hmm I also have a full spectrum / heating bulb for reptiles that maybe would do the job.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
Toriej92

The light was almost like the color of a tanning bed. Sort of a bright (though not as bright) yellowish. So sort of heat lamp-ish. I suppose I can just go ask. But they may see through my curiosity!