It's Official

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the Kiosk in the mall for the last time this week. Next Wednesday I gain full access to the space and can start the renos so there will be more pictures to come then.

Getting a really positive response as I hand out my flyers announcing the move to it leaves me feeling very positive.....

Thanks Bukaww & Mary!

As promised here are some progress pics......

The front of the store papered...

DSC00203.jpg

Closer up of the same....

DSC00204.jpg

One pony wall completed except for the finishing touches....

DSC00205.jpg

This is the area that the pony wall is set up in....

DSC00206.jpg

Here is a view of the other pony wall started....

DSC00207.jpg

All of the construction will be completed by Sunday with touch-ups being done on Monday. Next week will be all about bringing in the fixtures and setting up the retail area as well as the production area which is what is going behind the pony walls.

Getting excited......

Thanks Donnie,

The most popular bookstore in town is 3 doors down from me, I have a men's store right next door which will help boost my shaving soap and supplies sales, a adventure/kayak/dive store 2 doors down and a computer store/repair centre right next door. They all generate a lot of traffic. This is also one of the most popular "tourist" corners from May until October (we have a very long tourist season), plus right around the corner are some artist coop galleries........ I think it is probably the best location in town for me. It's better than the mall in my opinion because the traffic here is mostly buyers whereas the mall have a lot of mallers that are there to just walk (seniors), the teens, the disabled, & the poor who don't really have a lot of places to "hang out". So they are buyers and other than that the traffic in the mall is fairly light. The mall was great for me for starting out, but I believe this location is where the future of the business lies, because it's a trendier / funkier area and a better fit for the business.....

This sounds like a fantastic area. It's great that you found it instead of taking the other store.

I think you're going to have outstanding success. :D

Oh Lyndi how exciting is this!!!!!!! thanks for sharing I wish you all the best and looks like a great location, sure you will do really well...........Will be checking back for updates :0)

Thanks Hazel & Lyn! Tomorrow I start the clean-up of the store (vacumming and steam cleaning the carpet so that Tuesday I start the load-in....

Here is the long wall completed except for finishing touches...

DSC00209.jpg

And here is my uncle finishing up the back of the short wall, again still need the finishing touches which will be done on Tuesday....

DSC00210.jpg

More to come....
666faa02.gif

Back