~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ Last Look At July Photo Entries~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Beginners Soap Making Forum > Jager Soap

Old 08-18-2017, 01:43 AM   #21
mommycarlson
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 340 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittish View Post
The Jager made that gorgeous red??
Yep, I just cut another batch today and it's just as beautiful! Maybe the essential oil blend helps with the coloring? If you look at the picture the yellow part is the portion of batter with no Jager in it. It's rather yellow, the red part is the same exact batter as the yellow, but with 1 oz of boiled Jager in it. I love the colors, decided not to use any colors just to see what the "natural" color would turn out to be. As it cures it could change, time will tell
ETA: the scent is wonderful, but it does seem at this early stage that the Anise is winning the duke out

Old 08-18-2017, 02:37 AM   #22
Kittish
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 454 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 197

I look forward to seeing how it cures. If that red holds, that would be just completely awesome.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #23
HowieRoll
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 387 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycarlson View Post
Yep, I just cut another batch today and it's just as beautiful! Maybe the essential oil blend helps with the coloring? If you look at the picture the yellow part is the portion of batter with no Jager in it. It's rather yellow, the red part is the same exact batter as the yellow, but with 1 oz of boiled Jager in it. I love the colors, decided not to use any colors just to see what the "natural" color would turn out to be. As it cures it could change, time will tell
ETA: the scent is wonderful, but it does seem at this early stage that the Anise is winning the duke out
Like others, I am just in awe over this red color. A great red seems to be the Holy Grail in soaping, so can't wait to see/hear how it ages!

And thank you for the preliminary EO update - that Anise is a bossy piece of business. My guess, however, is that the fisticuffs continues...
mommycarlson Likes This 
Old 08-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #24
Obsidian

Liked 4357 Times on 2573 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Did you use regular jager or the vanilla one? I assumed it was the regular stuff but that color is so odd. I have some of the vanilla, I should do a test batch sometime to see what it does.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #25
mommycarlson
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 340 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 255

I will keep everyone updated as it cures Obsidian, I used regular Jager. Again, there is no Jager in the yellow part, that is pure EO's coloring that, the red is the part with the Jager in it, I was shocked at the color too, and quite pleased. In Iowa those are Cyclone Colors And I didn't even try LOL