shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do a search, there is a lot of info on shampoo bars. It seems the biggest thing is the lather. I personally just use one of my regular soaps, and it seems to do just fine. I am not necessarily the norm, tho :lol:

SimplyE said:
If you do a search, there is a lot of info on shampoo bars. It seems the biggest thing is the lather. I personally just use one of my regular soaps, and it seems to do just fine. I am not necessarily the norm, tho :lol:

I'm as bald as an egg, so I don't shampoo my hair but I make shampoo bars.

Basically, what I do is take my ordinary recipe, and up the castor oil to about 15%. This gives you a super bubbly, creamy bar that works well on hair in SOFT water. Make sure you use a vast majority of hard oils, to compensate for the softness the castor lends, and it should be a good bar.

I made a shampoo bar and put essential oils of tea tree and lavender in it. I use this on my 7 years olds hair as his school seems to be crawling with lice. He hasn't had them while I have been using this on his hair. I also stirred some Tea Tree Oil through his hair gel and put that in his hair to spike it every morning. Between those things something is working!
His hair is always clean and shiny, and like I said no crawlies!!

But I tried it on my hair when I forgot to take my shampoo in with me, and it was terrible. My hair felt really dry and not even clean. I have really really long hair and I found it hard to get the lather all the way through.

i use all of my soaps on my hair. my favorite is a recipe with 30%coconut,30%palm,30%rice bran, and 10%castor.

it lathers great. i use a vinegar rinse that has eo's in it, in a spray bottle. i have well water -very hard,but we have a softner. it took a while for my hair to get used to this, but well worth it.

the vinegar spray i just keep in the shower, it is what i use to clean shower sink toilet -everything with.

Back