Curing Shelves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my current curing shelves. I have done searches on the forum that have come up with some photo bucket thing, and I can't see the pictures, and all the comments about how awesome the shelves are! :headbanging:
Does anyone have any photos of their current shelving systems they would be willing to post so I can get ideas? I would really appreciate it! Or links that have actual photos? Thank you!

Sorry, no pic but I just use a wire bookcase and put crossstich plastic canvas on the shelves so the soap doesn't touch the wire. I used 2x4s on their sides and placed additional shelves on them so I could fit more in...

Here's mine. It's 3 3-shelf wall units placed vertically in a row, with a sheer curtain covering to keep dust and hair off the soap but still allow airflow. I'm going to be adding plastic mesh lining the shelves in the next week or two since the coating on the wires will eventually degrade and crack.

curerack-1601.jpg

I've also seen pics here of someone who had modular wire cubes set up and lined with plastic mesh, they used zip ties to hold the shelves together.

This is similar to what some of us here use. I purchased mine at Costco and I do line them. For me the heavy duty racks were necessary because I also store my buckets of oils, mold, etc on them and fill all shelves with soaps, which do get heavy. Each shelf will hold approx 112 bars of my soap, keeping in mind all my bars are cut the same 1.25" width https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-5-Ti...ncludes-Wheels-|-Chrome.product.11539192.html

Excellent ideas, thank you! I would really like to have DH build me something, and all these give me ideas to help me decide just what I want. Of course buying something would be really nice too :)

I make a lot of soap and use these stackable bread baskets to cure batches in my soap lab.

I have a few similar trays that were for soda pop (Coca-Cola, etc) delivery. I like them for their mobility of use and they are versatile enough to place on different types of shelving, tables, even beds if one doesn't have storage racks.

I also use cardboard box cut-down bottoms (like the lids from a box of printer paper you might get at an office store), that I get free at grocery stores. I line them with plastic mesh and place the curing soap on them. Then stack those as well. I started buying the plastic soda-pop delivery trays when I can find them at thrift stores about a year ago; I like these better because they are sturdier and hold more soap and are easier to stack.

The other thing I use if my shelves are full are the cardboard stacking boxes that raspberries come in at Costco. I have quite the supply of them. Plus they have open slats on the sides which allow air flow.

Latest posts

Back