Fragrance Oil Review Chart Link

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that you have to be signed into google or be using a google device (chrome) to be able to see some peoples additions? Maybe some people changed their privacy settings without knowing it would effect a shared document? Its the only thing I can think that can explain some people seeing reviews and others not?

Eta: I'm logged in and see all the BB reviews and 68 wsp reviews with no skipping. Not sure if that's all of them though.

Last edited:
Oh wow, Some can see all of them? What's going on? I'm on Chrome Heck I thought you had to use chrome to use any google Documents. And to think I was thinking it was a disgruntled soaper. lol.
Unless those haven't updated.....And the mystery continues....

Hang On! I just checked it and everything is back to normal. I started clicking on buttons and its fixed but I don't know what I did!! If I did anything at all..This is to weird. I do know that I am making a copy right now before it messes up again!

Hang On! I just checked it and everything is back to normal. I started clicking on buttons and its fixed but I don't know what I did!! If I did anything at all..This is to weird. I do know that I am making a copy right now before it messes up again!

Yay! I see my Sugared Spruce review! I wasn't able to last night, but now I can!

I would love to be able to know what caused all the weirdness, but for now I'm just happy that all is fixed!

IrishLass :)

images

Holy Aroma, Batman! They are back!

Commissioner Gordon can turn off the bat signal now.

Batman sign by dinochickrox: To page

Most of the reviews/notes deal with CP soap...are we non-soapers allowed to put up reviews? I stick to body butters, hand creams and sugar scrubs, but I'd love to post my thoughts on some fragrances. In fact, I've got a ton of stuff from SOS and notice that there are only a few oils reviewed from them.

Absolutely! Just make sure you post the product you used it in so no one gets confused and thinks your review is about soap. Thank you for mentioning it! :grin:

Do you want beginners posting on these? I've had acceleration issues with two fragrances so far....

Do you want beginners posting on these? I've had acceleration issues with two fragrances so far....

I think anyone who has made a batch with a FO should consider adding it to the list! Beginner or not! Its all useful info. Plus, what accelerates for your recipie may not in others and visa versa. The more information with an FO, the better. :D

This is weird. Everyone's posts are from 6/17 and I just received an email notification about replies today. A little bit slow....

Anyway, everyone is welcome to post and we appreciate people taking the time to help improve the chart. All reviews add information and it doesn't matter the level of expertise. Also, some people may not have the same results. People who soap cool or RT may state an FO was fine but people who soap at higher temps may report acceleration. That’s why it’s helpful to have different people review the same FO.

Is anyone else having trouble with the spreadsheet today? Normally when I open it, Peak is the first shown for me but I can easily navigate to other FO companies and scroll through the FO names. Today it goes to Aroma Compound and nothing else. All navigation buttons are gray so I can't click on anything, also there's no scroll bar at the bottom to see any other companies. Is it me or the spreadsheet?

ETA: After playing around I realized the only thing I could click on is the green "sheets home" button at the left of "Fragrance Oil Reviews". It took me to the home page and from there I could open the doc. I don't know if the link address has changed or if it's me but this is the only way I could get the whole spreadsheet to open.

Last edited:
Today I googled soap fragrance oils and a paid link came up first. It's Wellington fragrance. Is anyone familiar with it?
ETA: never mind, I just found a thread on this topic

Last edited:
I've heard of Wellington but I've never purchased from them. Hopefully, someone who has purchased from them will see your post. You could also search for the company name and see if people discussed them in the past.

Today I googled soap fragrance oils and a paid link came up first. It's Wellington fragrance. Is anyone familiar with it?
ETA: never mind, I just found a thread on this topic

I've purchased from them as they are local to me. At first the FO's I purchased were okay I founhd a few I really liked. A year later I re-ordered a couple and had nothing but trouble. They riced and separated and I couldn't bring them back together even trying to hot process them when I couldn't bring them together with all the stickblending in the world. So threw them away and never went back.

I know there have been some that had good luck with them but I've found other suppliers that are much more reasonable and workable.

Their Raspberry Patchouli was quite nice.

I've purchased from them as they are local to me. At first the FO's I purchased were okay I founhd a few I really liked. A year later I re-ordered a couple and had nothing but trouble. They riced and separated and I couldn't bring them back together even trying to hot process them when I couldn't bring them together with all the stickblending in the world. So threw them away and never went back.

I know there have been some that had good luck with them but I've found other suppliers that are much more reasonable and workable.

Their Raspberry Patchouli was quite nice.

Thank you so much shunt, for your detailed reply. Since I am not going to go crazy with FOs, I will stick to the few tried and tested ones from likes of nurture, BB and WSP. Thanks again, much appreciated.

I added my reviews today of these Nature's Garden FOs:

Autumn Woods
Bamboo and White Grapefruit
Country Garden
Fresh Cut Roses
Honeydew Pear
Sweetgrass
Teakwood and Cardamom

HTH! --Dee

Aztec Candle Making

JUST ORDERD 5 of their FO.

Dragon Blood

Fierce

Earth ( Nag Champa )

Japanese Cherry Blossom

Sandle wood

will update once they arrive tomorrow . Dragon Blood will be the first one.

Back