My First Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first attempt at a oatmeal, milk, & honey soap. The two little soaps on the bottom right are unscented. Since I'm a newbie, I like to have a couple soaps unscented, just to see how they behave without a fragrance. I made a small test batch, and even got to use my new mold! Hence, the little baby soaps :grin: I used OMH fo from WSP at 6%. It's not overwhelming at all...very nice smell. Very almondy, which I like. Interesting note: The unfragranced soaps are harder than the fragranced ones.

FWIW...I added 1tbsp of honey to my oils before adding my lye solution. It turned a bit orangy when I added the lye, but you can see from the soaps that they aren't orange at all. And I just let my batch sit out...didn't prevent gel or induce it. It didn't gel...and I like the whiter look, personally. I am wondering how dark they'll get as they cure. You can see my brown soaps in the back that started out much lighter! :( The titanium dioxide is in the mail :)

IMG_1660_zps29152f90.jpg

Amazon, of course

Where did you get your molds? I love the one that looks like a tiny church. I've seen that in a cake-size, but not in a small size.

I ordered it off of Amazon. I thought it was going to be bigger, like cupcake size, but I like it small too.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4UZLKE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

And it's super cheap! It did take a while to get here...I think it was shipped from China :( But my soap unmolded very easily. And these will be nice sizes to give away to my guinea pigs :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back