~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > General Chat > Who's your favorite comedian (or comedienne) ?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:55 AM   #11
lenarenee
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2046 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 724

How sad to know I am not up on comedians! The only current comedian I watch is Jeff Dunham - and considering I detest crude, rude and derogatory comedy - that says a lot. But he'll have me laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

I've gotten into listening to old radio programs. Last winter we had tons of rain here in drought stricken CA, and my little one isn't used to it - she's spent half her life in CA and doesn't really remember "real" rain. So we'd snuggle up together and play "Old Fashioned Days" - light a bunch of candles and listen to Fibber McGee and Molly and mysteries - like The Shadow.

For classic comedians - Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, Martin and Lewis movies, Bob Hope "On the Road" movies, Gracie Allen - although George Burns....never found him funny.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:11 AM   #12
Millie

Liked 475 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 2841

It's not stand up, but I'll always love Mr Bean. And you can watch it with kiddos

Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #13
CTAnton

Liked 462 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 600

I'm torn between the Carol Burnett show and Rowan and Martin, and all the talent it introduced us to...Lily Tomlin,etc etc.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #14
BrewerGeorge

Liked 1554 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenarenee View Post
How sad to know I am not up on comedians! The only current comedian I watch is Jeff Dunham - and considering I detest crude, rude and derogatory comedy - that says a lot. But he'll have me laughing so hard my stomach hurts.
For completely clean comedy, look for the Ryan Hamilton special on Netflix. He's really good, really polished and my wife and I were wondering why we'd never heard of him before. She looked him up online and he's been around a while but is known for being a "clean" comic. Works corporate gigs and such. Now he's got a special on Netflix called Happy Face.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #15
navigator9

Liked 2965 Times on 1384 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Steve Martin and Eddie Izzard.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #16
jcandleattic

Liked 592 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator9 View Post
Steve Martin and Eddie Izzard.
I LOVE Eddie Izzard. His star wars death star bit with darth vadar has me rolling every time I hear it.
I wonder if he still plans on running for office in Britain in 2020? I think that would be awesome. (Don't think he'd win, but... and since I'm American, it really doesn't affect me -much- but I'd still like to see it)

Millie - Out of your list I love Dave Chapelle - his "I'm Rick James, B***ch" was hilarious.
I also like Jim Jeffries, sort of. Not my favorite, but I don't change the channel. LOL
And Mr. Bean is awesome...

CTAnton - Lily Tomlin is a great comedic actress. Incredible Shrinking Woman was cute, and I loved her small roll in The Kid with Bruce Willis, and recently, Grace and Frankie is a must watch. She's brilliant!!

BG - I've actually heard of Ryan Hamilton, but I think the main reason he's not as popular, unfortunately, is because he's a clean comic. For some reason, clean comics just don't get the recognition they deserve.

lenarenee - I remember listening to The Shadow all the time. I would love it if it made a serious comeback. I know they tried a couple years ago, and it failed miserably, but it's because they tried to "Hollywood" it up, and it just was not the same...

Old 10-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #17
navigator9

Liked 2965 Times on 1384 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcandleattic View Post
CTAnton - Lily Tomlin is a great comedic actress.
How could I forget Lily Tomlin...I loooove her! That deadpan delivery, with a twinkle in her eye.

Last edited by navigator9; 10-12-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: clarification
jcandleattic Likes This 
Old 10-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #18
Millie

Liked 475 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 2841

JC, if you like Dave Chappelle you might like The Chappelle Show co-writer Neal Brennan. He's got a special on Netflix called 3 Mics. It's a bit different but interesting too. And funny of course.

I can't wait to check out the comedians from everyone's lists I haven't heard of yet. Love stand up!

Old 10-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #19
jcandleattic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
JC, if you like Dave Chappelle you might like The Chappelle Show co-writer Neal Brennan. He's got a special on Netflix called 3 Mics. It's a bit different but interesting too. And funny of course.

I can't wait to check out the comedians from everyone's lists I haven't heard of yet. Love stand up!
Neal Brennan is HILARIOUS! I love his podcast. He also had a small role in Get Him To The Greek with Russel Brand and Jonah Hill (Russel Brand's stand up is also very funny, and Jonah Hill is one of my favorite comedic actors!)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #20
jcandleattic

Another comedian that hasn't been mentioned but is HILARIOUS is Bob Marley (the comedian, not the Rastafarian! - although I do love me some Bob Marley reggae music! )

Here is a quick youtube post of Bob Marley the comedian - the album this clip is off of has me rolling every time. He does curse, but he is not crude by any means.

https://youtu.be/v-cCAWPW1Tg