Chocolate Espresso Soap *aka my 3rd batch*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon_m

Reaction score
Well, here comes pics of my 3rd batch.. I used Chocolate Espresso FO from BB and I'm really really REALLY hoping this one turns out GREAT! I did a pencil line in the middle of coffee grounds and adorned the top with hawaiian coffee beans. The top is unscented and so I'm hoping it will be a decent contrast, however I used a bit of color stabilizer so I don't know how dark my bottom will get.

Long shot:

IMG_4025_zps83f72053.jpg

Pencil line:

IMG_4026_zps701a8a76.jpg

And as per usual, I had a bit of overflow, so here's a small drawer organizer with just the base, no topping was left so I sprinkled with a tiny bit of the coffee grounds. This one will be for my husband lol, if it turns out.

IMG_4027_zps285b27cb.jpg

beautiful! cant wait to see the pencil line when you POST CUT PICS lol ;)

That looks awesome! I can (and have, lol) vouch for the Chocolate Espresso scent. It's amazing and holds VERY well. It discolors though, so I don't think that soap is gonna stay white :( By which I mean, you should use as much color stabilizer as you do scent to stabilize it.

Squigglz - I used a bit less, but almost as much stabilizer. I am hoping it turns, I just didn't want it to turn dark dark brown. If it doesn't I have a back-up plan... I'll call it White Mocha

No... right at light trace I removed about a cup of batter and left it aside for the top then I put the 1 oz of FO and .7 oz of stabilizer in the rest.

Looks pretty amazing Shannon! This is perfect and I bet third time is the charm for you! I can feel it. :). Going to post pics soon of mine and making a video for it. It will be up tonight.

Looks really nice Shannon, I hope it turns out well for you! It looks great :)

Thanks! I only wish I were that confident. I can't wait to cut into it tomorrow, but I will wait at least 24 hours until I cut it. That means about 4pm tomorrow afternoon... ack! I can't wait that long =p

you might not have too, I found mine took less then that. I just squeezed the sides, and if it was firm enough to not leave an imprent or indent, I took it out. The castile soap took about 20 hours and the bacon soap took about 12 hours.

I'll check it again when I get up in the morning. I've been going back and peeking at it.. it's still warm in the silicone mold, and the little one is room temp. I might unmold that one tonight and leave it on the rack.

Latest posts

Back