Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #11
Cosmo
Vendor
SOAP_SPONSOR.png

Liked 199 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapmaker145 View Post
Thank you for the update. The duping was very quick. How soon do you think you'll get these in stock? So the peppercorn didn't make the cut? Also, could you please update the scent in about 6 weeks?

I also want to ask you if you would be willing to dupe some of the (now gone) Tennessee Candle FOs. I was going to PM you but decided to do it publicly so others know you're being asked for a big favor. There are others looking for many of these FOs on the Craftserver board. I have enough to send you 1 to 2 oz if you decide you want to test them.

I've been looking at your new FOs, making my list and checking it twice....
I will be happy to dupe these for you! However, they may not be available until later in the year. We will start remodeling our new warehouse in the spring and moving in late summer/fall. At that time we'll have much more space to dedicate to fragrance inventory and will carry a lot more. If I can dupe some of the scents you like now, we can have them ready to purchase when we need them, which would be great!

I ill be purchasing Velvet Peppercorn in the next round. I wanted to keep the new fragrance purchase rather small as building listings and filling can be very time consuming. This way it's a lot more manageable. I always check back on all scents in the soaps in 6 weeks to see how they're doing. When I do I will update the fragrance notes spreadsheet we have on our site with the new notes.

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #12
Soapmaker145
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 475 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I will be happy to dupe these for you! However, they may not be available until later in the year. We will start remodeling our new warehouse in the spring and moving in late summer/fall. At that time we'll have much more space to dedicate to fragrance inventory and will carry a lot more. If I can dupe some of the scents you like now, we can have them ready to purchase when we need them, which would be great!
Thank you so much. I'm a hobbyist but I share my soaps with about 50 people so I'm at a point where I buy the FOs I like in larger volume. I'm not in a hurry for these. I have enough to last me till the end of the year. For most of them, I'll be able to send you enough to test in advance so you can decide if they are worth your effort. There are some that have become favorites like the Peach Raspberry magnolia, True Lavender, Lovespell, Sweet Musk, Tangerine dreams and many of the single florals. I've used many of the florals in blends to save other FOs. I have soaps that are over 18 months old and the scents are still there and no dos in sight.

These FOs don't have that oily scent that so many FOs tend to have. They have very clean scent profile if that makes sense.

I have posted on the Craftserver board to let them know that you will dupe some of the the TCS oils and to contact you if they want any of their favorite duped.

I'm so happy to hear that you are expanding. Congratulations on the new warehouse!

People Like This 
Old 02-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #13
Cosmo
Vendor
SOAP_SPONSOR.png

We have some of the duplication now available on the site, however we are finding inconsistencies with some of them. We had Arabian Nights duplicated exactly, and the lab found it was not phthalate free. Ours will state that it in fact has phthalates. We will be analyzing more to see if we find more inconsistencies and will post here. Of course, we strongly encourage anyone to send an original bottle of this fragrance to an independent lab to verify this.

When everything is listed, I will post it here. I should be done tomorrow!
Old 02-18-2017, 12:07 AM   #14
Cosmo
Vendor
SOAP_SPONSOR.png

I'm done early! YAY! Here is the new duplications list:

https://nurturesoap.com/pages/duplications-chart

If anyone has questions please let me know.
People Like This 
Old 02-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #15
snappyllama
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2926 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 2425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I'm done early! YAY! Here is the new duplications list:

https://nurturesoap.com/pages/duplications-chart

If anyone has questions please let me know.
This is awesome! As soon I've I'm back in the market for FOs (I'm determined not to buy anything else before I've made a big dent in my stash), I'm loading up my basket.
Cosmo Likes This 
Old 02-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
Soapmaker145
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 475 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 310

I'm off to order. I'm looking forward to testing new FOs. I haven't sent the TCS FOs for duplication yet. I should be able to mail them out this coming week.
Cosmo Likes This 
Old 02-18-2017, 05:54 PM   #17
ibct1969

Liked 213 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Thanks for being so responsive Carrie. I loved your site before, and now I love it more. Thanks too for the duplications list- it's super helpful.
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #18
reinbeau
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 594 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 936

It's not that they aren't paying attention. PR counts, sadly, you're dealing with the outfall of a bad PR move.
Facebook
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #19
Rusti

Liked 405 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinbeau View Post
It's not that they aren't paying attention. PR counts, sadly, you're dealing with the outfall of a bad PR move.
Agreed. I didn't follow much because I'm not necessarily a regular customer of Mad Oils', but from what I saw there briefly they got awfully tetchy on Facebook with people over what seemed like just confusion or a request for clarification (i.e. the 'tone' was unwarranted). I wasn't terribly impressed.

That, in addition to what I'm sure was really at its core just a decision to try to focus their business was maybe not the best thing for them.
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #20
anjouwu
obsessed

Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 133

What a strange situation all around with regard to Mad Oils. A lot of people have been "paying attention", and this is what has led to some bad PR and a little bit of dismay among soapers and some of Mad Oils' customer base. Of course any business can change their focus at any point, but how that change is handled is important, especially now when "tone" matters more than ever and things are broadcast instantly across social media.

Complicating this is the fact that multiple suppliers are offering note-for-note dupes, and several (not including Arizona Mad Oils, which appears to be the "official" source for hobbyist volumes) are selling the exact same oils, ostensibly from Mad Oils' own manufacturers.