~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Sponsors > Vendor Forum > Post your www here

Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
Mark the Box Guy

Liked 201 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 142

We sell packaging that works particularly well for soap and beauty products. They fold flat and are available in the UK and the US. And just so you know: I made my first batch of soap this weekend! Soon I'll make a great shave soap and shampoo bar. That's the plan, anyway.

www.foldabox.co.uk
www.foldaboxusa.com

Last edited by Mark the Box Guy; 04-27-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #32
Luv2Soap

Liked 118 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 502

Hi guys!!

I have an online store with in stock and co-op's - feel free to check it out !!!

Www.soapingsupply.com

Old 08-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #33
Spin

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Wow, so many of these no longer working. I guess selling sop isn't easy

Old 08-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #34
IrishLass
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 7120 Times on 3571 Posts
Likes Given: 4634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I just went through and deleted all the links that were dead. There's still a small hand-full of links that are working, though, which I left intact.

It's very true that selling handmade soap isn't easy. The market is so saturated, and very few succeed to the point of making a worthwhile profit or even to the point of just making enough to cover their costs. For the vast many of us- me included- it would be nice to be able to do even that (cover our costs).

I've been making soap for over 11 years now for my family, personal friends and myself, and I often get asked by the friends of certain family members how much I sell my soap for. The answer that I am fond of giving to them is that they cannot afford my soap.

From time to time I have often considered going into business with my hobby, but there's just no way that it would be realistically worth the amount of time and effort I would need to put into it to make it profitable. I'm much happier making it at my leisure for myself and my immediate household, and gifting to my extended family & friends.

IrishLass
People Like This 
Old 08-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #35
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4991 Times on 2902 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin View Post
No it is not easy and takes several yrs to build up customers. Online selling is almost impossible with the saturation of soap sellers.

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area
Dahila Likes This 
Old 08-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #36
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLass View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I just went through and deleted all the links that were dead. There's still a small hand-full of links that are working, though, which I left intact.

It's very true that selling handmade soap isn't easy. The market is so saturated, and very few succeed to the point of making a worthwhile profit or even to the point of just making enough to cover their costs. For the vast many of us- me included- it would be nice to be able to do even that (cover our costs).

I've been making soap for over 11 years now for my family, personal friends and myself, and I often get asked by the friends of certain family members how much I sell my soap for. The answer that I am fond of giving to them is that they cannot afford my soap.

From time to time I have often considered going into business with my hobby, but there's just no way that it would be realistically worth the amount of time and effort I would need to put into it to make it profitable. I'm much happier making it at my leisure for myself and my immediate household, and gifting to my extended family & friends.

IrishLass

I completely agree, plus as an artist myself I feel that when you have to make huge quantities in obligation, some of the love is lost.

My son bought me a domain. I have not used it. But I do have a website I made for free, and from time to time I sell on eBay. I will be posting more cold process in September, because they are curing.

Seldom I get some orders, but not often. But I have no stock, if the CP does not sell in 3 months I go by the school, and some people buy and the rest my family uses.

Check it out!

http://soapsbysunrise.weebly.com/