ZNSC with honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamansavon

Reaction score
We're petsitting for a wonderful couple who happen to keep honey bees.
I didn't realise they kept bees or would enjoy homemade soap so I never thought to bring my soapmaking things.
Anyway, thanks to the very helpful people on here recommending Zany's No Slime Castile, after looking around charity shops for pots, after looking everywhere for lye...I finally managed to make a batch!
I caved and bought a cheap stick blender - and I'm really glad I did bc it took longer to trace than I expected.
In the end I had to use EVOO 75%, coconut oil 20% and castor oil 5% as what I thought was pomace olive oil was actually 49% vegetable oil.
I added tumeric for a two tone effect as the original yellow/green wasn't very appealing.
I found these two giant silicone ice cube trays which almost exactly fit the whole batter.
Fingers crossed the soaps unmould neatly.
I would really love to give this awesome couple some soap made with their gorgeous 🍯!

Attachments

• inCollage_20210826_163040724.jpg
    inCollage_20210826_163040724.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 60395 Well done! I'm really impressed by how you scavenged the equipment and ingredients needed!
Tbh, the lye was tricky. After 3 days and five shops I decided to place an order online. Literally two hours later, I found lye in a middle Eastern grocer's...for a quarter of the price of the online one! But it was too late to cancel the order! I still bought the one at the grocer's though!

Great job. I just read something similar over on the Grocery Store Soap thread. Hope your friends enjoy the soap.

Back