ZNSC honey- does this seem ok?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamansavon

Reaction score
I really don't know why I feel I need to double check my numbers but does this seem right?

Thanks
Screenshot_20210825_093034_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser.jpg

Yes, it seems right that you feel you need to double check your numbers! Better safe than sorry! Better asking one time too often, than making a lightheaded error.

Since the best someone else could do with your recipe (100% pomace OO, w/o scent, am I right?) would be to throw it in a soap calculator (just like you did), there really isn't much room for complaining :)

Keep us updated how it's going!

Yes, it seems right that you feel you need to double check your numbers! Better safe than sorry! Better asking one time too often, than making a lightheaded error.

Since the best someone else could do with your recipe (100% pomace OO, w/o scent, am I right?) would be to throw it in a soap calculator (just like you did), there really isn't much room for complaining :)

Keep us updated how it's going!
Thank you.
No scents at all. Just the honey which I blended in with the oils. I had to change to 75% EVOO, 25% coconut oil, 5% castor oil.

Oh no 😬😬😬
I've just re-run the soap calculator with the change in oils and unsurprisingly the lye)water numbers are slightly different than if I'd used 100% pomace!
The difference isn't massive though.
Do you think it'll be ok?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826_164926_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826_164926_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 4
If you are saying that you made the batch with 134g, and it really should have been 144g, then you have gone from 0% SF to a slight SF. Too lazy to do the math right now, but the nice thing is that you didn't go the other way bc negative SF = lye-heavy soap. Anyway, soap should be fine. Saw your pics in the other thread and they look good. I tried ZNSC awhile back before I actually joined and I do like it better than the castile I tried before without the fake sea water.

Latest posts

Back