Zany's MIY Carrot Tissue Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't mind me but, why? whay not just make carrot juice and either put that in your soap or just cook the juice down? it is truly amazing how many things you can juice and put into soap. we have a Jack LaLane juicer that has stood up since 1990 for my soaping needs. everything from carrots to ginger. I juice them all, put the little bit of fiber back into the juice for visual effect int he final soap and make my soap. Carrot juice gives you an AMAZING orange color.
Because you can use the oil in balms and lotions whereas you cannot use juice in balms and I would not use juice in lotions.

I LOVE this idea! My dad has crazy sensitive skin and I've wanted to make him something special for Christmas.
For soap, you may want to infuse the carrots in olive oil instead of sunflower oil. Then make Zany's No Slime Castile (use the 10% coconut & 5% castor variation) which is wonderful for sensitive skin. I have dry, sensitive, mature skin and wash my face with it AM and PM. As a bonus, you don't have to wait 3 months for it to cure. It will be plenty ready by Christmas. I start "test driving" every batch 2 weeks after it's made. Of course, the longer the cure, the better the soap. :thumbs:

For soap, you may want to infuse the carrots in olive oil instead of sunflower oil. Then make Zany's No Slime Castile (use the 10% coconut & 5% castor variation) which is wonderful for sensitive skin. I have dry, sensitive, mature skin and wash my face with it AM and PM. As a bonus, you don't have to wait 3 months for it to cure. It will be plenty ready by Christmas. I start "test driving" every batch 2 weeks after it's made. Of course, the longer the cure, the better the soap. :thumbs:
I've noticed lots of people have made your no-slime soap and highly recommend it. The only soap my dad can tolerate is my 50% lard soap. I'll give your No Slime a shot. I think coconut oil is the culprit with my dad. Anything more than 18% makes him terribly itchy. Was thinking of using the carrot oil (infusing it in a liquid oil) for a 50% lard batch just for him. He's a good guinea pig. :D

LOL Just so you know, the other bar soap next to my sink is 85% lard, 10% coconut, 5% castor.

SHORT STORY: My dear friend, Nancy the nurse, had a mother who was also a nurse. She was a neo-natal nurse in the early part of the last century. Nancy told me that her mother told her that , back in the day, they cleaned the new borns with lard! It's a good thing. :nodding:

Question for you @Zany_in_CO: I live about 20 minutes from the beach, I'd love to make soap using the great Pacific. Do you by chance know if I need to do anything specific to
LOL Just so you know, the other bar soap next to my sink is 85% lard, 10% coconut, 5% castor.

SHORT STORY: My dear friend, Nancy the nurse, had a mother who was also a nurse. She was a neo-natal nurse in the early part of the last century. Nancy told me that her mother told her that , back in the day, they cleaned the new borns with lard! It's a good thing. :nodding:
Wow, 85%! Interesting. I think I need to make that.

That's a great story. Thank you for sharing. :)

Question for you @Zany_in_CO: I live about 20 minutes from the beach, I'd love to make soap using the great Pacific. Do you by chance know if I need to do anything specific to

My son-in-law brings me a gallon whenever I want it, they're coming this way (they live on Vancouver Island). I strain it to get any sand and other particulate out of it and then boil it to kill any nasties that might be living in it.

@Zany_in_CO My daughter has a nickel allergy, so a few years back she had on a cheap "best Friends" necklace that turned her whole neck blueish. Like silver plated rings do sometimes. Anyways the allergic reaction moved or traveled to other places on her body. And to this day wherever she had a rash, but especially around her neck her skin is darker than normal. Its now kind of like a birthmark. Lately she's been exfoliating more and I have rice milk ice cubes she likes to use as a toner and rubs on her neck, so her spots are getting lighter. Do you think a lotion made with this carrot tissue oil would help more?

Do you think a lotion made with this carrot tissue oil would help more?
I'm so sorry but I have no idea if it would help or not. I've had some success removing dark facial pigmentation with bearberry extract but that's the extent of my experience. Wish I could be more help. :(

Could I do this in the slow cooker? It'll be safer for my uber curious toddler lol
Sure. I don't see why not. Since you're using fresh carrot gratings instead of dry, the key is to keep the heat high enough to make sure there's a bit of bubbling going on to release all the water but not let it get so hot that you "cook" it. :secret:

Finally got a chance to make this. Discovered that the “Sauté” setting on my InstaPot works wonderfully, though the timer maxes out at 30 minutes, so I have to constantly reset it. It keeps the shredded carrots moving briskly. So excited to incorporate this in soaps and other skincare items.

Attachments

• F5B5725B-6E17-4A3A-96BF-FDBB38878C6E.jpeg
    F5B5725B-6E17-4A3A-96BF-FDBB38878C6E.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back