Zany's MIY Carrot Tissue Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the effect will be the same as a solid facial butter? I'm planning to use mango butter, cetearyl alcohol, Zany's carrot oil formula, vitamin e mixed tocopherols, and some starch maybe? And then maybe the bearberry extract to address sunspots and hyperpigmentation...? Or will this formula be harsh on facial skin?

And then maybe the bearberry extract to address sunspots and hyperpigmentation...?
Bearberry extract at 5% in ethyl alcohol (vodka or similar), mixed in a dropper bottle, worked well for a Latina lady I made some for. She had large dark areas on her face. When I saw her a month later, the dark areas had completely cleared. ;) :thumbs:

Bearberry extract at 5% in ethyl alcohol (vodka or similar), mixed in a dropper bottle, worked well for a Latina lady I made some for. She had large dark areas on her face. When I saw her a month later, the dark areas had completely cleared. ;) :thumbs:
Oh much love!!! Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!

I will be making carrot tissue oil this weekend. :)

Someone a couple of years ago asked if heat would kill the nutrients. I doubt if that poster is still around, but if anyone wants to know the answer, it is yes. However, the lower the cooking temp, the fewer nutrients will be destroyed. The recommendation for all plant material is no more than 120 and that's what I use for herbs. Not sure if cooking carrots at the temp would be wise or not. The safety zone for food is 135 or above. I may try both temps and see how it comes out. :) Now I just need a really good microscope! lol

I also found an article on nutrient loss here, although it talks more about cooking veggies in water. Water soluble nutrients will likely not come through with this method or at least very little.

Thanks for bumping and sharing @Zany_in_CO !

Edit: Forgot to add a link to my favorite (sadly no longer updated) website Daucus carota - Natural medicine facts

I will be making carrot tissue oil this weekend. :)

Someone a couple of years ago asked if heat would kill the nutrients. I doubt if that poster is still around, but if anyone wants to know the answer, it is yes. However, the lower the cooking temp, the fewer nutrients will be destroyed. The recommendation for all plant material is no more than 120 and that's what I use for herbs. Not sure if cooking carrots at the temp would be wise or not. The safety zone for food is 135 or above. I may try both temps and see how it comes out. :) Now I just need a really good microscope! lol

I also found an article on nutrient loss here, although it talks more about cooking veggies in water. Water soluble nutrients will likely not come through with this method or at least very little.

Thanks for bumping and sharing @Zany_in_CO !

Edit: Forgot to add a link to my favorite (sadly no longer updated) website Daucus carota - Natural medicine facts
Wow... Thanks for the interesting information. I am also interested in whether it is possible to preserve at least some of the beneficial properties of vegetables when making soap. That is, if it makes sense to use vegetables to make soap. I have a garden and grow my own vegetables and I am interested in the possibility of using them in soap making. I also have this carrot oil saved to try. I would greatly appreciate your feedback if you do.

Back