Zany Castile and My First CP!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been wanting to try Zany's No Slim Castile, but have not attempted it because it's CP. Finally decided to dive in today and give it a try!

I followed the instructions since this is my first CP, didn't want to have any problems. I used the option with 10% OO and 5% CO. 500g batch and swapped out 10g of OO for 10G herb infused grapeseed oil. Just some leftover oil I had that needed to be used.

As others mentioned, the lye was cloudy, but I didn't strain it, just stirred it into the oils.

I added Lavender EO after trace and put into individual molds. I spritzed it with rubbing alcohol and covered with plastic. I didn't insulate, but I did put it in my boiler room where it stays nice and toasty.

Now comes the awful waiting time ... guess I'll go make HP now and use my new PVC pipe molds. :)

upload_2020-2-9_18-46-30.png

Been wanting to try Zany's No Slim Castile, but have not attempted it because it's CP. Finally decided to dive in today and give it a try!

I followed the instructions since this is my first CP, didn't want to have any problems. I used the option with 10% OO and 5% CO. 500g batch and swapped out 10g of OO for 10G herb infused grapeseed oil. Just some leftover oil I had that needed to be used.
Beautiful! Congratulations on your first CP :)

I assume this was a typo..... 10% OO and 5% CO cost the recipe suggested 10% coconut and 5% castor.

Also, here's an HP soap with this recipe. I've never actually tried to CP this lol

Beautiful! Congratulations on your first CP :)

I assume this was a typo..... 10% OO and 5% CO cost the recipe suggested 10% coconut and 5% castor.

Also, here's an HP soap with this recipe. I've never actually tried to CP this lol

Oops!:oops: Yes, that was a typo ... thanks for catching it. :)

Nice! I will have to try it as HP too! :)

Back