Yummy Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Made my second batch of soap today, went with a nice dark chocolate stout beer soap.
My first time making it look pretty, wasn't going to do anything fancy but though the top swirls and glitter would look really nice.
If it turns out nice, will share the recipe.

The bright gold spots is just the flash reflecting off the glitter. It looks and kinda smells like brownies. I used a bit of baking coco to try and keep the dark color.

2repf0g.jpg

v2z2g0.jpg

2e0lbvp.jpg

I made the mold myself, turned out decent. Lining it was a pain, felt like I was making origami. Tell me that gets easier.

looks great. As for lining, make yourself a template - it will make it faster, but it will probably still feel like origami with all the folding. :)

A template is a good idea, thanks. My soap is slowly hardening and unfortunately, I did not use enough coco powder to keep the nice dark color. Its still pretty but I wanted it near black. Guess if I do beer soap again, I'll have to buy proper dye.

Looks scrummy Obsidian. :smile:
Did you replace the total water amount with beer or add a concentrated beer syrup which I've also seen mentioned?

I added a beer concentrate. I was paranoid about volcano so figured that was the safest way to go.

Your beer soap is beautiful, looks like a chocolate cake, I wouldn't worry about the final color, you have a soap made with natural color, and making a beer soap is an accomplishment in itself.

I unmolded and cut early this morning. I probably should have waited to cut as its still a bit soft but I figured it will help it dry faster. The center is a bit darker, not sure if its partial gel or just wetter. I don't really care either way, it will still work the same.
The color is much, much paler. It looks more like a creamy pale ale and it smells like chocolate, I assume thats from the cocoa butter I used.

Kinda disappointed that the peaks flattened out. Next time I'll have to make sure the batter is thicker.

2u73dy8.jpg

r1zrb7.jpg

2ynozmu.jpg

Last edited:
It may darken some. I've made some beer soaps and they all seemed to darken a little as they cured. Looks beautiful so far!

It does look a bit darker or maybe its just not so pasty looking anymore. The color is growing on me and I'm quite happy with it. I do wish the orange dreamsicle scent was noticable but I didn't put enough in.

Those worked out for you and look great! nice and creamy

The dreamsicle smells lovely. Like those little vanilla and orange ice cream cups they used to hand out in school lunches.

Latest posts

Back