Yucky colour!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crikey!

No, it's not "quite" that bad, but bad enough!
It's fading a bit but it still looks yucky. it smells lovely though.

I think I'm going to colour my mint soaps with one of the ultramarines in future!
Hahaha see! Those cleaned up well enough though.... So I'll still say, if it's a good recipe and it smells good, I won't rebatch or cut it up.

I'm not trying to be mean but you're saying you've only made one recipe on over 100 batches and had the safety assessment done on that one recipe but you don't actually know what your soap performance will be. CP soap will pass most safety assessment but when it comes to soap you need to know how well your soap performs long term. I've been testing recipes for over 10 years and I didn't start selling soap officially until 5 years ago because I wanted to make sure I had a good quality recipe that held up over time and provided consistent results. I now have over 50 different recipes I've worked out although I tend to stick with a top 3. Your soap is barely even cured so how can you know the quality of your soap? You really want to verify the consistency of soap you are making before you start putting it on the market to sell.

I'm not trying to be mean but you're saying you've only made one recipe on over 100 batches and had the safety assessment done on that one recipe but you don't actually know what your soap performance will be. CP soap will pass most safety assessment but when it comes to soap you need to know how well your soap performs long term. I've been testing recipes for over 10 years and I didn't start selling soap officially until 5 years ago because I wanted to make sure I had a good quality recipe that held up over time and provided consistent results. I now have over 50 different recipes I've worked out although I tend to stick with a top 3. Your soap is barely even cured so how can you know the quality of your soap? You really want to verify the consistency of soap you are making before you start putting it on the market to sell.
I understand, and no, I don’t think you’re being mean.
I’m not selling my soaps yet. I have a distribution business in the beauty industry with nearly a thousand salon trade customers as well as a beauty salon, and I already produce other beauty products with the support of a cosmetic chemistry lab. I have half a dozen basic soap formulae which have been safety assessed to which I have added different variants like essential oil blends. I qualified as an aromatherapist in 1996 having completed a 2 year course at Eastleigh College gaining an Honours from CIBTAC.

You’re quite right in saying that they’re barely cured. Indeed I’ve only just started trying the finished product on myself and friends!
When I say that I’m thinking of marketing them to men I have to plan my company’s marketing schedule way ahead of time.
One of my joint ventures (not soaps!) will not launch until March 2021, that’s how far ahead we have to plan.
I really appreciate every comment, suggestion, piece of advice given; they’re all really useful so do keep them coming!

I understand, and no, I don’t think you’re being mean.
I’m not selling my soaps yet. I have a distribution business in the beauty industry with nearly a thousand salon trade customers as well as a beauty salon, and I already produce other beauty products with the support of a cosmetic chemistry lab. I have half a dozen basic soap formulae which have been safety assessed to which I have added different variants like essential oil blends. I qualified as an aromatherapist in 1996 having completed a 2 year course at Eastleigh College gaining an Honours from CIBTAC.

You’re quite right in saying that they’re barely cured. Indeed I’ve only just started trying the finished product on myself and friends!
When I say that I’m thinking of marketing them to men I have to plan my company’s marketing schedule way ahead of time.
One of my joint ventures (not soaps!) will not launch until March 2021, that’s how far ahead we have to plan.
I really appreciate every comment, suggestion, piece of advice given; they’re all really useful so do keep them coming!
I see, that makes much more sense.

Back