Yuck! Smells like play dough!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyannlowe

Reaction score
I made a beautiful swirl soap 6 weeks ago using cotton candy fragrance oil. i reserved judgement until now. but IT STILLS SMELLS LIKE PLAY DOUGH! Any suggestions on what I should do? Rebatch? the colors are pink, blue and white so if the rebatch turned purple that acceptable.

I've never done rebatch.

Or maybe......cut the bars thin, and make another batch of soap that has a stronger smell and put the thin bars at the bottom of the loaf mold and pour the stronger smelling batch on top?

You could always shred it and make confetti soap. Plain color CP poured over the shreds. You'll want something that has a nice fragrance and does NOT accelerate to do this. Pour at thin trace.

If you gel something like this it can have interesting affects.

Use a cheese grater to grate it up and replace a percentage of your next batch of traced soap with it.I used the off cuts of my other soaps in the third from left soap.
DSCN08071_zpswy2ef3xa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You could just grate it up and use as decorative 'confetti' in another batch with a different scent.

Edited to add, Great minds think alike.....only yours were faster! :razz:

IrishLass :)

I have a almond scent morph to play dough once, I rebatched it three times trying to cover the horrid smell. I finally gave up and tossed the mess. Hopefully yours will cooperate better.

It depends on how strong it is. If it's really strong maybe let cure for bit longer and let FO evaporare bit more. Cut intonsmaller bars if necessary.
I found play dough can be really well covered up by vanilla typed FOs.
Once OMH from NG morphed into play dough. I successfully used it vanilla soaps as confetti.
The other half I tried to HP as rebatch with other play dough soap and added Bergamot EO... ugh... it went into rubbish bin. No saving from that, I don't know what I was thinking.

Back