yucca shampoo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftygirl

Reaction score
Anyone ever make shampoo with yucca? I'd like to make some baby shampoo using yucca instead of soap. I like the super sensitive shampoo/body wash from California Baby. Any thoughts?

Hi Crafty Girl!

I know two people who made their shampoo with Yucca
One person I knew made an organic version. I can ask her for more information and the other person used grew the Yucca Root themselves and used it. (Of course you need to be in the best climate for that to happen) they sell it at the natural food store as well.
Yucca root makes a great shampoo and soap because it contains natural saponin which is an all natural detergent that softly lathers when agitated with water.

Hi Crafty Girl!

I know two people who made their shampoo with Yucca
One person I knew made an organic version. I can ask her for more information and the other person used grew the Yucca Root themselves and used it. (Of course you need to be in the best climate for that to happen) they sell it at the natural food store as well.
Yucca root makes a great shampoo and soap because it contains natural saponin which is an all natural detergent that softly lathers when agitated with water.

I'd appreciate it. I think one can just use the yucca and lather it but I'd like something I can store in a bottle for a while.

I actually happened to use yucca root crushed in water as shampoo on a camping trip, lol.

It was a little waxy, but cleaned well, had good suds and gave hair a nice shine. (I have thick hair, the other girl that used it had thin hair and it was less waxy on hers).

Latest posts

Back