youtube videos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why I cannot have sound on some youtube videos? No it's not on mute, my speaker is plugged in and working. I just tried to listen to the one on woodgrain soaps, no sound. I opened it in a new tab...no sound. I'm not good at figuring out why with computers.

Which video is it? Maybe there is no sound for that video?

You say that it is not on mute - do you mean both the video and your device/computer?

That's about all I got for troubleshooting... I've had troubles with certain channels - there was one that I could watch about two minutes of her videos and then the screen would cut to black, but I still had audio (all of her videos had no talking so that wasn't very helpful...) this was the only channel I had a problem with, so I asked her and she said it's an issue on my end... but I know (as a YTer myself) that there are certain settings you put your videos to for best viewing for everyone, and other settings that while are great quality, don't work well for all users. She wasn't willing to give up her quality, so I gave up following her. (Honestly, her videos had a lot of bad info in them anyways, so it wasn't really a loss.)

Which video is it? Maybe there is no sound for that video?

You say that it is not on mute - do you mean both the video and your device/computer?

That's about all I got for troubleshooting... I've had troubles with certain channels - there was one that I could watch about two minutes of her videos and then the screen would cut to black, but I still had audio (all of her videos had no talking so that wasn't very helpful...) this was the only channel I had a problem with, so I asked her and she said it's an issue on my end... but I know (as a YTer myself) that there are certain settings you put your videos to for best viewing for everyone, and other settings that while are great quality, don't work well for all users. She wasn't willing to give up her quality, so I gave up following her. (Honestly, her videos had a lot of bad info in them anyways, so it wasn't really a loss.)
Yes, there should be sound as she is seen talking! I meant the video was not on mute. But I can hear most videos, wouldn't that mean the sound is not on mute on the computer?

ETA:

Hmmm... I don't know. I tried it on my phone and I had sound. I guess without knowing a lot of information about what device/computer you're using, the best thing may be to follow this checklist:
1590768391578.png

I tried it on my work computer and there is sound. I've had the same problem though with some videos not working on this computer. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I never tried to figure out why though.

Back