You're addicted to CP when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...you have to force yourself to stop fondling and gazing like a love struck dummy at your most recent precious master piece yet, which sadly enough, as highly as you prize this odd possession, it should do more than clean filthy bodies and leave nasty rings in your tub...."do more"like maybe rule the world or something (cuz you know it's just that **** good!even though everyone else is like, "it's SOAP!")
....or when you find yourself wishing people wouldn't think you are strange to carry around a bar of soap all the while you are poking, studying, sniffing, licking it...because yeah, I'd do that, I totally would IF I knew that my community wouldn't eventually make me out to be some nut job "that crazy old lady down the street who talks to her soap,names it kitty and dresses it up in doll clothes."

Or when you buy every one else's soap just make sure you still like your own better.

Or you like your soap so much you'll cut off any hand that touches it.
:)

When you get a $50 gift certificate for Christmas for a certain Washington State supplier I will not name and despite your trepidation/horror about working with them again, you SQUEE inside because ... fifty bucks of stuff!
Honestly, I don't care how long it takes or whether they forget my free sample (again). I have everything I need and whatever I can buy on top is just lagniappe.

When you get a $50 gift certificate for Christmas for a certain Washington State supplier I will not name and despite your trepidation/horror about working with them again, you SQUEE inside because ... fifty bucks of stuff!
Honestly, I don't care how long it takes or whether they forget my free sample (again). I have everything I need and whatever I can buy on top is just lagniappe.

Yeah, Free can buy a lot of good will and patience. :)

Your viewing Pinterest and a friend posts a recipe for a buffalo chicken panini recipe and all you can see is an orange and white textured top CP soap cut with a wavy cutter.

You keep certain soap bars for sentimental reasons. (Me: have one bar of Bastile from my second batch ever that is like my soap grandaddy.)

Wait. Why would you do that? Soap cures twice as fast when you fondle/idolize it at least 3 times a day. When you ignore it; it gets dos. It's a fact.

Hahaha. DOS root cause finally found! Soap neglect.

Also I believe in soap gods that grant boons and curses. It is the only explanation for some batches.

Last edited:
Dreaming whole night about LS, then waking up and going back to sleep and still dreaming about making LS:shock:

When you're watching a soap tutorial on the laptop and notice a black speck on the screen, but hesitate to wipe it away because for a mad moment you think you're touching raw soap.

For MPers: When you run around the house muttering, "Where is my alcohol? I know I had half a bottle. I need that alcohol now!" Good thing my mom wasn't here to hear that.

Latest posts

Back