Your Top 5 Favorite Scents for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only tried a few dozen scents so far, but here are my current favorites:

Raspberry Lemonade FO from WSP
Mango Papaya FO from WSP
Spearmint EO from anywhere
Lime Margarita FO from Camden Grey
Coconut Lime Verbena FO from WSP

My top 5 at the moment are:
1) Coconut Lime Verbena -WSP
2) Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey- Camden Grey
3) Lavender Vanilla Supreme- Southern Soapers (not currently available but I'm hoping the new owner will bring this one back)
4) Bergamot and Grapefruit Essential Oil Blend- WSP
5) Apple Jack and Peel- Natures Garden

Right now I'm lovin these:

From NG:
Cucumber/Cilantro/Wasabi
Cracklin' Birch
Fruity Rings (Froot Loops scented!!)

From BB:
Energy
OMH (IMHO it's the best OMH out there)

Just bought Tangerine Dreams from NG and if it smells like it does in the bottle? I will have to buy a gallon of it. LOL! Just kidding, but seriously. Yummm-eeee!

This is an old thread which I thought I'd attempt to revive so that I can get some new ideas for FOs (haven't soaped in about 9 years I think!). Actually it would be nice if you were to specify if any FO's are also good in candles, if you happen to have used them in candles.

Any other favorites? Or you could add a few more than 5 if you insist? ;)

The ones I remember liking all those years ago were: Rice Flower and Shea (soap and body butter); one called Relaxation, I think (used in candles); a pie crust scent that I mixed with a key lime scent (going for key lime pie, obviously, and used in candles); creme brulee (candles) and violet (never used but luuuv the scent). The other soaps I made were coconut lime verbena, an oatmeal milk & honey batch, and a batch with all EO's in them.

This is obnoxious of me but here's a list of several that sound good to me (copied and pasted from a draft I saved). Going SIGNIFICANTLY over 5, but just sharing what looks interesting, to this poster anyway. Many were copied from earlier posts on this thread:

peach
sandalwood (aromatic sandlewood from southern soapers?)
patchouli
more violet
buttered rum?
lemon verbena
Another manly scent (cologne imitation)
More Rice flower and shea
aloe or eucalyptus?
some sort of grass scent or olive?
leather, tobacco or cognac?
The xmas scent I like so much (pine, mint and vanilla? Might be like Sugared Spruce by Wholesale Supplies Plus)
Earth musk?
Green tea?
Pineapple cilantro?
Tomato leaf?
brown sugar fig by Peak
Pachouli Honey by Elements
almond?
Relaxation by scentworks
Cedar & Saffron - Brambleberry
Veldfire - Southern Soapers
Energy - Bramble Berry
Celestial Waters - Bramble Berry
Ylang Ylang & Bergamot EO blend - personal blend
amber - bb
BBs Energy
From Elements Bath and Body:
Capri Olivo
Tuscan Herb
Mediterranean Garden Spa

From Nature's Garden:
Exotic Amazon Teakwood
Cucumber/Cilantro/Wasabi
Cracklin' Birch

Not so much my top 5, more of a commentary on two you mentioned: the Peak Brown Sugar Fig smells great to me oob, but it has been my worst selling soap, I don't understand it, but everyone picks it up and smells it, then puts it down, if it's the first one they choose, I'm usually sunk for a soap sale.
The e.o. Blend of ylang ylang and bergamot I add geranium too, and it has to be one of my favorites, so much so that I usually keep all those batches.
Welcome back from your 9 year hiatus :)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Manchurian Dragon, Clean Cotton-New Directions Aromatics
Energy, Wisteria Lilac, Gardenia-Saffire Blue
Chai Tea- Nature's Garden
I have many faves and admittedly, I haven't too far beyond the three mentioned vendors.

So many, but here are some favorites:
Kentish Rain - Bramble Berry
Champagne - Bramble Berry
Oatmeal Stout - Bramble Berry
Blue Spruce - CandleScience
Mediterranean Fig - CandleScience
Queen of d'Nile - Daystar
EOs: Lemongrass, Lavender, Dalmatian Sage

also love Cranberry Marmalade from Candlescience - sadly no longer listed as skin safe. If anyone knows of an equivalent I would like to find one.

Burberry from NG (I mix with a little Spices of Morocco from NDA to smooth the "edge.) A good seller.

Teakwood Cardamom from Canwax for soap and body powder.

Spiced Cedar Brandy from Canwax. Intense. People love it or hate it.

Saddle Shop from Daystar and English Lavender from Canwax. I do a white swirl and iridescent glitter and call it "Leather & Lace." A good seller.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Soap Making mobile app

Almond -symphony scents
Champaign-BB
Bamboo is a great seller from BB
Fresh Snow I just soaped and love love love it - BB
Woodland Elves - BB

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

My top 5 list so far (I don't sell, so this is my personal preference:
- Snow (Gracefruit)
- Santa's pipe (Gracefruit)
- White lily&ginseng (The soap kitchen)
- Blackberry&basil (Gracefruit)
- Apple and cinnamon (Gracefruit)

Manchurian Dragon, Clean Cotton-New Directions Aromatics
Energy, Wisteria Lilac, Gardenia-Saffire Blue
Chai Tea- Nature's Garden
I have many faves and admittedly, I haven't too far beyond the three mentioned vendors.

Did you use just 1% of the Chai Tea, as NG suggests, or did you go higher? Just curious before I try it.

Washisoap: My top 5 all natural sweet scents

My best ALL NATURAL sellers of all time(20 yrs in the biz)
1. Spearmint/teatree/peppermint/lavender...1/4 of each EO (Wintermint)
2. 100% Almond FLAVORING from Sam's added at trace along with vanilla flavoring from Sam's...(I add these to my colloidal oat flour to make the scent really stick well and reduce the water content by 4 oz, cause I add 1 oz of each(w 2 oz water) to make a slurry(for a 5 lb batch) This makes a really nice (Almond Oat) blend. you can also add orange oil or lemon oil to this for a bit of citrus.
3. Patchouli EO, Orange EO, Ylang Ylang EO, Lavender EO (.25 ea) (Herby-floral)
4. Spearmint EO/Grapefruit EO 50/50 (these two enhance each other)
5. Sweet Birch and Vanilla extract (also blended in c. oat flour)
I have found when I add my fragrance oils to a flour or clay slurry they tend to stick better in the final blend. I don't know why but they seem to be absorbed by the unsaponifiables causing a stronger scent. Has anyone else had the same experience? You can purchase these from lots of suppliers...NG, Essential Depot, WSP, BB, :smile:Elements, of course Sam's Club as I mentioned:smile:

Ugh, just did HP with Natures Garden OMH. I saw a lot of nice reviews, but I find that it smells like baby powder. One son said it smells like a "public bathroom", and when my husband passed through he said it smells like "urinal cakes". Yuck!
Anyone else have a thought on this FO? Any suggestions for a better OMH?

Ugh, just did HP with Natures Garden OMH. I saw a lot of nice reviews, but I find that it smells like baby powder. One son said it smells like a "public bathroom", and when my husband passed through he said it smells like "urinal cakes". Yuck!

I did not care for it either :-( Smelled like Playdoh. I've used Sweetcakes OMH but have also heard good things about the one from BB.

My all-time favorite is Coconut Lime Verbena from WSP. Unfortunately, I can't find a CLV anywhere else that smells as good.

Agreed. That one always sells out for me.

Also:

WSP's OMH
WSP's White Tea & Ginger
BB's Cranberry Fig

Lilac - Peak...does not A or D-smells dead on like a spring lilac bush
Spice Cranberry - WSP
OMH - WSP
Cherry Almond - WSP
Love Spell - Candle Science
Oakmoss & Amber - Candle Science
Cucumber & Mint - Candle Science
Plumeria - Candle Science
BRV - Candle Science

Sorry, I couldn't keep it to just 5 ;)

My personal favorites are:

Moroccan and Mediterranean fig BB and WSP-accelerated get ready- WSP is stronger so kind of combined them but both great with a touch of Patchouli EO
Wild Honeysuckle WSP- soaps well and strong scent
Plumeria BB- fast trace smells so good
Indian Sandalwood BB- soaps great
I really liked Kulu Bay from NG but not sure about scent retention as of yet

Friends liked:
Champagne BB- easy peasy
Sweet grass BB both kept fragrance well

I know this post was several months ago, but the best OMH I've found hands down is from the Soap Dish. www.theoriginalsoapdish.com/

Blackberry & Sage (Sweet Cakes)
OMH (the Soap Dish)
Brown Sugar & Fig (Peak)
Bartlett Pear (Peak)
Bonsai (BB)

Also Cranberry Balsam (the Soap Dish) is up there.
One of my personal favorites is Bitter Almond (Sweet Cakes).

Back