Your thoughts on Tussah Silk?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect! You could totally test after cutting. The only thing it adds for me is a gorgeous slippery feel, which is awesome! What else did you put in your soap?

Perfect! You could totally test after cutting. The only thing it adds for me is a gorgeous slippery feel, which is awesome! What else did you put in your soap?

Simple sea salt bar, olive, coconut, Shea and a touch of castor.

I've used tussah silk in the past for a few years in all my soaps. I'd have my son pick out all the gunk before I used it. Honestly, I never did notice much of a different in slip and feel between silk soap and none silk soap. Lately, I've been adding a bit of kukui nut oil to my soaps after the cook. With kukui nut, I have noticed a difference in the feel of my soaps; much more silky feeling than when I added tussah silk.

You had me at kukui! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Where do you get your from? I grew up with kukui trees everywhere. In school I learned to make traditional Hawaiian candles, lei’s and food out of kukui nuts. Never thought about using it in soap! Guess imma have to tell my family to send me up some now! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back