YOUR most popular fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lavender lemongrass EO blend, Lavender Sage (Pure Fragrances) and Cherry Almond (BB)

I just bought some Black Raspberry Vanilla today! It’s the ‘best seller’ from my supplier’s website.
@Marilyn Norgart try Candle Science forFig and Rhubarb.

I think Black Raspberry Vanilla is one of the all time great scents and a good scent from many suppliers. It isn't my best seller anymore and I think it is that so many soapmakers use it that it has lost its uniqueness. So, I still make it and it sells well but the customer who wants new has moved on to something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I make a lemongrass sage CP using essential oil - easily my best seller as I make 3 times the amount of this compared to any other batch I make.

I used an AppleJack fragrance that went really well at the winter shows this year, and surprisingly peppermint (essential oil) and Yuzu have done really well.

True Lilac (WSP)
Nag Champa (WSP)
Energy (I was using WSP but switched to Micas and More Burst of Energy and no one has noticed)
The Perfect Man (NG)

@cmzaha - If you don't mind me asking, which Dragon's Blood fragrance do you use? I've tried 3 different Dragon's Blood type fragrances, and am noticing that there is a huge difference in this fragrance depending on the supplier.

@Primrose I just bought Cocoa Butter Cashmere from BB not terribly long ago, but haven’t tried it yet. It’s here: https://www.brambleberry.com/shop-b...oa-butter-cashmere-fragrance-oil/V000308.html

I'm in Australia, and we have a BB retailer here. If you check this link https://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/complete-list-of-bramble-berry-fragrances.html and scroll down, it is listed as expired

I dont find it accelerates but it discolours a beautiful rich chocolate brown, so I use in in a confetti type soap. To be honest I was surprised how much people love it. Its not a huge favourite of mine

71500223_2546972482198541_7453511693159628800_n.jpg

I'm in Australia, and we have a BB retailer here. If you check this link https://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/complete-list-of-bramble-berry-fragrances.html and scroll down, it is listed as expired

I dont find it accelerates but it discolours a beautiful rich chocolate brown, so I use in in a confetti type soap. To be honest I was surprised how much people love it. Its not a huge favourite of mine

View attachment 42811
Oh, I’m sorry to hear that we can get it in the US, but you can’t in Australia. :( I guess it’s too expensive to have it sent by a fellow soap maker, or maybe there are restrictions on shipping??? I haven’t made a soap with it yet because it smells just a bit perfum-ish to me. Would you characterize it that way? Your soap looks great and I’m inspired to give it a try.

And, wow! The summary of the information for how the scents behave is super convenient and useful. I wish all suppliers would provide the info that way.

Last edited:
@amd I'm using Micas and More burst of energy and I like it better than Brambleberry. I have a couple customers that just love it and didn't notice a difference either.

My most popular is @cmzaha Hardwood musk. People fought over that 1lb batch like you wouldn’t believe it... my dad pulled rank and got most of the batch, then hubby pulled rank and got the rest. I actually relocated with the last bar I was able to keep. It is divine in soap and lasts forever.

In 2nd place, Tobacco and Bay leaf from BB and Then a mysterious FO that BB sent me in place of Spiced red tea. I need to send BB a ‘smellie’ so they can tell me the name of the FO. It’s floral and creamy and lasts forever. Best floral I have ever smelt.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that we can get it in the US, but you can’t in Australia. :( I guess it’s too expensive to have it sent by a fellow soap maker, or maybe there are restrictions on shipping??? I haven’t made a soap with it yet because it smells just a bit perfum-ish to me. Would you characterize it that way? Your soap looks great and I’m inspired to give it a try.

And, wow! The summary of the information for how the scents behave is super convenient and useful. I wish all suppliers would provide the info that way.

I think it's BB itself not making it any more. I suspect they just have more stock of it in the US still

Dragon's Blood, DB & Nag Champa, Vanilla & Lavender, Tobacco Leaf & Amber from WSP, Caramel Tobacco from California Candle, Mango Papaya also Cal Candle, Bonsai oregontrailssoaps.com, Lemongrass & Litsea plus many more

cmzaha have you compared BB Bonsai to OT Bonsai? I just discovered BB discontinued theirs and I was looking to replace it with maybe OT’s but I’m curious how different they might be.

Here in sunny Spain, the gifting tests ("wanna soap?" "yes" "then sniff out the one you like"), show the Spanish love of eating. Any fragrance containing chocolate, cinnamon, citrus fruits, etc., goes down a storm. The only exception is lavender, which reminds them of the old "jabon de marsella" that mother used to wash the clothes with, and that makes them weep and wax nostalgic.

The other more exotic mixes (the ones I like) don't go down that well.

My most popular this year was Impeach-Mint, a custom blend I put together myself. Most people loved the name itself due to the current political climate but after they bought it they really loved the scent and came back for more. I have never sold out so fast in my life. I had to make 4 batches of it and had people reserving their bar before it was even cured. It was a blend of Peppermint EO, Lemon EO, and Georgia Peach FO.

Other than that my frequently bought/requested are Lavender, Peppermint Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. I have a lot of requests for a patchouli fragrances but I can't do patchouli. I hate that scent so much and it makes me gag so I just can't stand to make it and have the scent fill my house.

cmzaha have you compared BB Bonsai to OT Bonsai? I just discovered BB discontinued theirs and I was looking to replace it with maybe OT’s but I’m curious how different they might be.
No, I have not, but if you are in the US I can send you a small soap sample and a sniffy on perfume paper. If you want me to just pm your address.

Back