YOUR most popular fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whether you sell or give away - can you list your top selling or most popular fragrances?
Just two or three - not a long list. I'm interested to see if there are any commonalities.

Mine are probably lime and coconut, white tea, and my 'karma' dupe that I made up myself (strong on Patchouli).

I was just searching threads about favorite scents yesterday. It sounds like anything with lavender makes the cut, as do citrus scents, other fruity scents and OMH. Of the limited repertoire I’ve offered, the favorites to date include Ginger & Lime by Nuture, Green Tea, Somali Rose, Jacob and Osmanthus by MMS, Rose, Moroccan Mint and Lingonberry Spice by BB. Most of my friends like EOs and especially patchouli, lavender, lemongrass and peppermint.

Last edited:
Lavender (Goat Milk & Lavender and Charcoal Lavender are both good sellers for me) and a spicy blend that includes ginger, cinnamon, clove, patchouli, and sweet orange.

I made a Lime & Coconut soap and everyone loves the fragrance but it doesn't sell well at all, for some reason.

My current best seller I can’t keep in stock is Berries and Mimosas by Crafter Choice. I got a sampler for it for a custom wedding soap order and I decided to soap with it on a whim to use it up. Glad I did.

then Lavender, Patchouli and a Lavender Patchouli blend. I have a tea tree/may Chang soap that is unisex and everyone loves.

Interesting - I've always steered clear of tea tree/ eucalyptus smells because personally I don't like them and find them too 'astringent' and clinical smelling. I hate when my Rog buys eucalyptus laundry detergent - bleaurgh!! I'd rather 'fresh' smelling laundry like ocean breeze or summat.

Interesting - I've always steered clear of tea tree/ eucalyptus smells because personally I don't like them and find them too 'astringent' and clinical smelling. I hate when my Rog buys eucalyptus laundry detergent - bleaurgh!! I'd rather 'fresh' smelling laundry like ocean breeze or summat.

I think it’s the citrus notes of the may chang that softens the tea tree. I also find tea tree very medicinal smelling. My husband loves it. Outside of my beeswax/goat milk unscented soap, the tea tree blend is his fave.

I think it’s the citrus notes of the may chang that softens the tea tree. I also find tea tree very medicinal smelling. My husband loves it. Outside of my beeswax/goat milk unscented soap, the tea tree blend is his fave.
I use May Chang a lot - so maybe I will try this blend. Thanks @SideDoorSoaps!

What’s OMH?

Oh - I forgot to add that my Fig and Rhubarb is very popular. It's quite a strong tart and sweet scent.

where do you find Fig & Rhubarb that sound awesome, and I was wondering what OMH is also and I also use it :) . I am not a fan of tea tree but anything with it also sells well

Whether you sell or give away - can you list your top selling or most popular fragrances?
Just two or three - not a long list. I'm interested to see if there are any commonalities.

That would be Black Raspberry Vanilla and Chocolate Espresso...I am out of both. I have the first curing and am making the second today.

I don't sell, but these are my year-round top 2 most requested soap scents from family/friends:

Paradise FO from Daystar (a sparkling lime scent, complete with the sensation of carbonated bubbles when you sniff it)
Salty Sailor FO also from Daystar

IrishLass :)

Consistent best sellers for my wholesale customer:
High Altitude French Lavender from Sun Pure Botanicals
Cybilla's White Tea & Ginger from Bramble Berry
Breezy Mint EO blend: 1 balsam peru, 2 peppermint, 5 spearmint
Fragrance Free

For my stuff - which is mostly LS & Lotion
Breezy Mint EO blend
Blimey! blend: 1 lemon, 1 litsea cubeba (May Chang), 2 lime
Cabrini Rose blend: 1 geranium, 1 palmarosa, 2 rosewood

Made bubble bath, room & linen spray, and foaming hand soap for a friend's soon-to-be 3-year old daughter with CP to help her sleep:
Calming Lavender EO (55%) & Vanilla FO (45%)

Right now I'm enjoying straight Siberian Fir Needle EO in everything -- 'tis the season!

ETA: Forgot to mention my all-time favorite -- great scent and stickability. I have 2 bars made two years ago sitting by the front door and I can smell them every time I walk in or out. Unfortunately, it's only sold in bulk sizes. Who knows why. It was suggested in the Q&A that one could try and duplicate the fragrance. I just got their oakmoss FO and have the EOs on hand. Just need to buy some time to play. :confused:

Bladderwrack EO/FO blend from WSP

Last edited:
My top two are

Lavender and chamomile
Lemongrass and Lemon Myrtle

They are done with EOs and outsell any ofmy other soaps. GM of course.

Among the FOs

50 Shades - literally cannot keep it in stock
BB cocoa butter cashmere which is a shame as it's been discontinued
Black raspberry and vanilla
Edens garden, again discontinued

Back