Your favourite soapy resource

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is just an idea I had feel free to ignore me if it's been done...

Share a link to a website you rely on for inspiration or information directly soap related or not (for instance you might have a great photo site you look at that inspires you). I know all the newer folks will learn a lot (me included), and maybe one or two of you veterans might find something new as well.

If you can't chose between inspiration and information, post one of each.

In the interest of trying to keep it useful, try not to duplicate a link someone already posted (the earlier you get in the easier it is!)

Because I'm first I get to take the one almost everyone probably would have chosen for information:

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.ca/

Although it's not directly about soap, I have so many bookmarks to this site. It has information about every ingredient I could possibly hope for.

inspiration: http://handmadeinflorida.blogspot.ca/

Last edited:
For information, here and if I cannot find an answer, DISH.

For inspiration, soaperstar.blogspot.com/ and http://soapandrestless.blogspot.com/ Both of these guys are good about info/technique sharing, as well. Unfortunately I don't think the soaperstar site is getting updated these days, but the soaper - Celine Blacow - posts a lot of YT videos still, and they are really instructive, plus kind of fun to watch.

Last edited:
Aside from using a bunch of the resources already mentioned... I watch soapers on youtube to get inspiration and kind of zone out when I'm cooking:

Sarah Milroy
Vibrant Soap
Royalty Soap
Ariane Arsenault
StargazerSoaps
Missouri River Soap
New England Handmade Artisan Soaps
kevin Devine

and others....

I watched all the Soaping 101 videos on YouTube when I was brand new. Don't really care for her recipes, but WOW is she an awesome teacher!

I have to second TeaLeavesandTweed, the best info, and the most helpful folks are here.

Yep, wish I had found this when I started soaping. My daughter purchased B&B's video and asked me to make her cp soap. Have to admit I just stumbled bumbled through until I learned 6 yrs ago and I am still learning. Took me at least 6 months on my own to figure out how to swirl but I did get there. Sure I would have progressed faster if I had joined this forum in the beginning

I would say my information sources are, as with everyone else, primarily here at SMF and places like SMR, Soap Queen, and Soaping 101.

My inspiration comes from so many different places. I find inspiration in looking at art. Impressionist, cubism, ebru painting, Suminagashi (spilled ink painting), watercolor techniques, etc. Maybe it's because I'm an artist that I find so much inspiration from art itself (shrug). I also find myself inspired quite often by nature itself. I've got so many pages of ideas for soaps, all inspired by things I've seen in paintings or photos. It would be very hard for me to list a single link to what inspires me.

Back