Your favorite stick blender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like my Cuisinart Smart Stick. It’s going on 2 years old and no issues. I originally had a Hamilton Beach but the bell design on that one kept suctioning to the bottom. Don’t have that issue with the Cuisinart and no air bubbles either. These are the only 2 that I have experience with.

My primary SBs are the Cuisinart Smart Stick and the Austria Mueller brand from Amazon. I am very happy with both of them. I have a Hamilton Beach that is dedicated to lotions bc the bell is flatter so it works well for small lotion batches, but makes too many air bubbles for soap.

I have a Cuisinart and a Kitchenaid. I prefer the Cuisinart. The Kitchenaid is hard to release the blender attachment. Plus, I think it creates bubbles. I had an Oster for a long time but the little knob that held the blender broke and I was unable to fix it.

I found the Cuisinart at TJ Maxx for under $30 (prior to inflation) and the Kitchenaid came from Walmart for about the same price on sale.

I need a new sb. I have needed one for a while. Im done with it. I was all set to buy one on amazon, but i figured i would get suggestions first…

While you are at it, look for one you can operate with one hand.
I have 2 Cuisinart ones that require both hands to start. Not very efficient when you have to run and pour at the same time:(
I purchased a little one "Proctor Silex" for $ 5.00 in a thrift store and it's a gem. It's one hand operated:)
Downside, it's body is all plastic. The blade is stainless steel.
Please keep us posted!

Thank you everybody. I went with the cuisinart smart stick.

My current one is a mueller. I get bubbles and suction to the bottom. Im tired of fighting with it lol
Ugh, sorry that one doesn't work well for you. I don't have either of those issues with mine. I wonder if the suction problem varies depending on what type of mixing container you use? Or maybe because I always use the lowest setting?

I used a cheap stick blender from Walmart for years with success.. I think it depends on the volume of soap you are making.:)

Finally got to test my new cuisinart smart stick today.

First and foremost I am going to say that I am not thrilled by the two button press to start and stop stickblending. I know that you can let go of one and keep doing the other to keep it going, but then you need to unlock it again to start again. I am not that coordinated LOL. Unless I got a different version than the rest of you that recommended the smart stick. It did get a little easier as I went along.

Now I don't know if this is a good time to give a review on it as I unwittingly changed a few things about my recipe: Since it was an all-white recipe, I added the td to the oils, AND because I think my particular fragrance isn't that strong I added kaolin clay to the oils in a desperate attempt to stick the fo. AND it was a smaller batch and my container was too big, AND (I am cracking up as I am typing this), ...because I was adding all this stuff that I don't normally add to oils at the get-go, I figured...why not add the sodium citrate while I am at it.

So I ran the stick blender and it was all bubbly. Then after a while I wasn't sure if it was bubbles or kaolin clay rising to the top, so I let it sit for a little bit. Mind you it was just oils and all this other mash that I put in it. Which isn't taking any stars away from my review, because I never add all that stuff to my oils all at one time normally. But then again, I was also fighting with the two-button process on the sb...

Oddly enough, I added the lye and everybody calmed down in the pot. Still had to fight my lack of coordination with the buttons. Then because I was still testing the suction/bubble/stir method that I was used to with my old blender, I probably blended too much because as soon as I added my fo, it riced a bit. I managed to put two fingers on the buttonS and gently sb out the concoction into a nice smooth, creamy white pourable batter.

All that said, I love the gentle blending that it does. I was able to work through all those ANDS. I don't like the need to use two buttons. No suction. No crazy bubble action.

Next time I will test it without all the extra stuff. But mine is a lard bar, so its naturally easy to work with. If I had a faster moving recipe then I don't know...maybe when I get some muscle memory to operate the two-button action lol.

Overall, much better than my old blender. 4.5 Stars.

Interesting. My Cuisinart Smart Stick doesn't have the two-button feature. I think it is an older model. It blends very similarly to my Mueller model - both pretty smooth with minimal bubbles. Maybe it all depends on which factory worker was on the line that day...

It has a lock button that you have to press first before you press the button underneath it to operate it. You can press it, sb, then let go of the lock to keep operating the sb. But then as soon as you stop you need to unlock and press the on button again....if that makes sense LOL

stick blender.jpg

It has a lock button that you have to press first before you press the button underneath it to operate it. You can press it, sb, then let go of the lock to keep operating the sb. But then as soon as you stop you need to unlock and press the on button again....if that makes sense LOL
I definitely don't have that on mine.

Last edited:
Cuisinart has two models with lock buttons. I have the one like yours and really love it. The other model has the button on the top of the stick blender which I think would be difficult to use. Other than it's inconvenient, I don't have any issues with the lock button just above the on button. You'll get used to it. I hope.

Here is my inexpensive stick blender that I purchased from Wal-mart online. Our local superstore had a different one on the shelf for ~ $89-. I ordered this online for $22- delivered. It came right to the house and fit in the mailbox.
The top button is a pulse button that doesn't lock. My first blender was a hand whisk.
stickblender.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back