Your favorite Lavender EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kizzy

Reaction score
I have smelled Lavender EO from 5 different companies so far and they all smell a little bit different. Some seem to have more of a calming effect on me. Some smell a little sharper, some smell a little more medicinal and some smell a little bit sweeter. My favorite so far is a from the company Plant Therapy. Which company carries your favorite Lavender EO and why?

I've smelled quite a few of them but it's not one of my favorites so I don't by them regularly. I have also noticed differences mainly in the amount of green kind of camphoraceous notes I do or don't detect, I just recently purchased an ounce at rite aid pharmacy (usa) for really cheap it was bogo 1/2 oz.'s of their brand.. was decent for $8, but the cleanest and best smelling ones I've found at a co-op/ natural foods store and either private label (like I'm assuming rite aid's) or small scale producers

The type of Lavender will make a difference on how it smells.
That is so true. My favorite, and the one of the most expensive is Fine French Lavender EO. I don't use this in CP soap, as I think the subtleness and sweetness of the fragrance would be lost.

My favorite so far is a from the company Plant Therapy.
That place is strictly retail and expensive. I get my Lavandula angustifolia from Essential Depot and my customers are pleased with the fragrance, strength, and endurance. Their UPS rates are killers though, so I usually wait until I need a few things. I hate dealing with their silly discounts.
I've been considering https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/
Does anyone have any experience with them? Their EO's are here:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-89-shop-all-essential-oils-absolutes.aspx
Interesting information on the site. Lots of FO stuff. They do look a little expensive at first glance. I'll have to do some comparing.

There's a more recent thread on Lavender. I personally didn't care for the one listed from Essential Depot, but like Camden Grey and Liberty Naturals. I generally get the 40/42. I have a handful of lavender snobs as customers.

As stated though, it's a personal choice. Noses pick up fragrances different. What one likes another won't.

That place is strictly retail and expensive. I get my Lavandula angustifolia from Essential Depot and my customers are pleased with the fragrance, strength, and endurance. Their UPS rates are killers though, so I usually wait until I need a few things. I hate dealing with their silly discounts.
I've been considering https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/
Does anyone have any experience with them? Their EO's are here:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-89-shop-all-essential-oils-absolutes.aspx
Interesting information on the site. Lots of FO stuff. They do look a little expensive at first glance. I'll have to do some comparing.

Perfumer's apprentice is well regarded by hobbyist perfumers, a lot of people in the eo industry will say things made to be used in perfumery are lower quality, I find the opposite to be the case

I sell my soap, so I'm looking for the most bang for my buck.
Fragrance - My customers must like it.
Strength - They need to be able to smell it in the packaging (shrink wrapped with one mostly open end).
Endurance - The fragrance needs to last until the soap is sold.

I'm looking for a compelling reason to change to another source of EO, especially lavender. I can't afford to experiment, so in the meantime, I'm taking an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" posture.

I'm looking for cost-effective. What are other sellers using in their soaps (and at what PPO)?

I like and use Camden Greys 40/42 for soap, but now mix it 3:1 with Lavender Flowers from the Sage, finding it helps longevity of the Lavender scent. I had some trouble with the 40/42 fading before trying the mix. I do not like the Lavender Flower fragrance by itself

Latest posts

Back