Your Curing Area

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marghewitt

Reaction score
Just curious what everyones soap curing area look like! Here are two of my shelves :razz: varwwwclientsclient1web3tmpphpfhCHdb.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web3tmpphpW3zpFt.jpg

I don't really have an area yet. I have one batch curing over my dryer on a shelf and another 2 batches in a closet that has the same sort of shelving. The shelves that you have are exactly what I'm thinking about getting when we move soon.

My co-workers were offering to cure some in thier homes before I got the shelves. :D

Mine is the guest bedroom dresser, which is not gonna work :thumbdown:. I'm already out of space and I've only made 5 batches so far.

I have no idea where I'm going to store anymore...

I leave them on my bakers rack in the breakfast room for a few days. The scents can get a bit overwhelming there though because we eat right next to them.
After a few days they go on shelves in a large linen closet in the upstairs hallway.
I leave the door of the closet open most of the day for ventilation but shut it at night because the scents again can be a bit much right next to the bedroom at night.
I need to organize the linen closet soon, running out of soap space.

Baker's racks are fantastic! My curing area with bakers racks is in a small unused bathroom -- we actually took the toilet and vanity out so I could have more space, as I don't have much space anywhere else in the house (cuz every other available space is filled with soap supplies ;)

I use a wire rack that has 4 shelves. It is located in my master bedroom closet. We bought it at lowes for somethings else but now this is what it is used for now.

My co-workers were offering to cure some in thier homes before I got the shelves. :D

And they would have returned them after 4 weeks? Uh huh. :lol:

@ paillo - Lucky you that you had an unused bathroom. I'd hate to hear the comments if I suggested we remove the toilet and vanity from one of the bathrooms.

WoW! That looks great! Mine are drying on the bookshelves in the keeping room and on a rack in 2 open cedar chests in the downstairs man-cave. I keep moving things to put soap there to cure.:p Then I have to move other stuff to put the put the stuff I moved first there...and on and on.....

I have a long white cabinet thingy in my living room that my soaps are resting on top of...soon, I'm going to have to clean out the cabinets and start putting them in there since I don't have much room left!

thanks for shairng pics. Lovely! I just put my stuff up in the closet for now, though I have a bookshelf in the garage I will probably bring in, and I will replace the shelving with slotted shelves

Wow, I love what people are using to cure their soaps... I am going to have to make some room in our linen closet, cause I can't think of anywhere else to put it in our over-crowded apartment (well, without giving up books, and not quite ready to give up more books yet ;-) )

I am so jealous! Everyone's pics look sooo incredible!
My stuff is hiding on the bottom shelf of the hall linen closet.

DH's garage is lined with Elfa shelving. I'm thinking I may have to resort to selling all
his garage stuff to clear off space for curing. Anyone think he'd a) notice b) mind?

Right now I have my limited number of soaps curing on one of those wire cube organizers in the basement with a mini-box fan circulating air through them. I thought the fan would help speed up the hardening process by evaporating the water faster.

oooooh, my dad goes to the dump every week. I will have to see if he finds any ovens there. I need to finish rearranging my basement because I have a wire cube organizer that is currently being used for toy storage, buuuut, it is soon going to find new life as soap storage.

I have a drawer organizer from wal-mart I use for some soap storage (already cured) and I use an old cupboard in the kitchen, the tops of my kitchen cupboards, and the plate rail in my dining room to cure. It pretty much over runs the house, but hubby is ok with it and as long as I keep the 1 year old's hands away from it, I'm good!

Hoping to get some wire shelving when the funds are available.

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

Latest posts

Back