Your Black Friday list

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drchurchillsoaps

Reaction score
Disappointed with sales the Black Friday. I was going to order some micas from mature but the shipping was OUTRAGEOUS and to me totally screwed the sale. Paris fragrance has butters mark down 20% if bought in 8 pounds and got a couple fragrances bogo50% off. Free shipping over $75. What was your big score today?
8 pounds of ucuuba and 6 FO to try here!

After I put in my order with Nurture yesterday I realized I forgot to order Kaolin Clay. Oh well.

Got up at 4am to go shopping and was done by 7am...so many stores weren't opened.

Disappointed with sales the Black Friday. I was going to order some micas from mature but the shipping was OUTRAGEOUS and to me totally screwed the sale. Paris fragrance has butters mark down 20% if bought in 8 pounds and got a couple fragrances bogo50% off. Free shipping over $75. What was your big score today?
8 pounds of ucuuba and 6 FO to try here!
Nurture Soap has free shipping on orders over $30. It isn't hard for me to get there by adding a fragrance oil or two. I usually wait until they are having a mica sale to order those too, and stock up.

I did my Nurture Soap's shopping this morning, ordered 12 different 1 oz jars of mica's I was out of and 3 FO I didn't really need but SOOO wanted! I was also pretty excited I kept it under $75... I did have a $20 store credit from reviews....so there's that!

I didn’t know about the free shipping over 30. I have almost 30 in my cart and they wanted $19.x for shipping. If I knew I could add one mica and get free shipping that would be another story! Ordering meow

I didn't get any sales per se, but was excited to find BTMS 50 at LotionCrafter. Almost everyone seems to be out of it. I'm hoping that it is actually in stock, and it won't end up being backordered by the time they ship my order. But since the larger size actually showed as being out of stock, I'm hoping that their listing was current, and it will show up at my house sooner rather than later.

My shopping list was mostly items for shampoo and conditioner bars, including panthenol (so pricey!) and cetyl alcohol. Family members are requesting a lot of these practical-type gifts this year, so I'm trying to make sure I have a good stock of ingredients on hand.

I want a new tablet. Not soaping related necessarily, but I did use the old tablet for soaping activity when it was new. But it is so old and slow, I barely can play simple games on it anymore, let alone use it in place of my laptop. The new one I want (and may order before the night is through) may possibly be a lot more useful than the one I am replacing.

After I put in my order with Nurture yesterday I realized I forgot to order Kaolin Clay. Oh well.

Got up at 4am to go shopping and was done by 7am...so many stores weren't opened.
You should still be able to add the kaolin clay to your order. Login, add the clay to your bag, when you go to check out it should ask you if you want to add it to your existing order.

I want a new tablet. Not soaping related necessarily, but I did use the old tablet for soaping activity when it was new. But it is so old and slow, I barely can play simple games on it anymore, let alone use it in place of my laptop. The new one I want (and may order before the night is through) may possibly be a lot more useful than the one I am replacing.
You won’t regret it. 👍

You won’t regret it. 👍

Well, I did order it, not for Black Friday, but Cyber Monday (more or less). It came today along with the keyboard. Guess someone at the warehouse can't tell the difference between the similarly named and differently sized models and sent me the wrong tablet. Doggonit! I took it out of the box & thought, this is smaller than it's supposed to be. Then I plugged it in to charge, then took out the keyboard and thought, how are these going to fit together? The keyboard is for the somewhat bigger tablet I ordered, but is not a fit for the smaller version they sent.

So I contacted them via chat & the correct one is supposed to be delivered tomorrow! UPS will pick up the wrong item tomorrow as well, so I am pretty pleased that was easily solved. The one thing I noticed was that the charging thingy got pretty hot while it was plugged in. I hope the correct one won't get that hot.

Back