Your best looking swirls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Lets see some of our members great looking swirls. Come on, lets see those great swirls. 8)

Here are a couple of my better swirl jobs;

Black Raspberry Vanilla
DSCF0915.jpg

Burberry For Men
DSCF0774-1.jpg

Hawaiian Pikake Jasmine
soapequipment002-1-1.jpg

OK, lets see yours now!

Paul :wink:

Oh gawd, eat my heart out time... I've already posted mine in other threads, but with only two attempts so far I have plenty of room for improvement.

Thanks to some help from my SMF friends I know more now about getting good swirls and I'm sure that'll aid my next attempt, probably this coming week.

Nice swirls, Paul. Very nice! :)

Well I'll be a good sport. I've wondered what kind of soap pictures I could get off my scanner and this is it:

swirl.jpg

This is the second of my two attempts at swirls, before I became aware of a more advanced technique that I intend to try the next time.

Thanks Greg. That is a nice marble effect you are showing! :) Just keep doing what you are doing, like anything, it just takes time and practice. I experimented a long time before I could swirl decently. Adding colour, what trace to colour at, how to pour your coloured soap into your base, takes lots of trial and error.

Paul

Even though I posted this picture in another post, I still love it. ♥ I tried to do a neat swirl earlier and had a massively bad time... :cry:
SITENagChampa.jpg

Paul, by the looks of the 1st picture, I think we must both own the same fine china :wink: .

Soapmaker Man said:
Lane, that is a nice log swirl. 8)

Paul :wink:
Thanks! I do believe it was YOU who told me forever ago to pour at lighter trace for log swirls. It works! :wink:

Those are so inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

I am wondering, both Paul and Lane, how do you get those nice rounded sides on your soap. Is that your mold? The cutter? I don't plan to sell soap, but I sure would like to have pretty looking soap when I'm done. Mine usually end up looking very "homey".

Thanks Digit! :wink: Yup, I run all 12 edges of a bar over my beveler. I then wet the bar slightly with damp ladies hose, and rub those edges to polish the bar and smooth the edges.

Paul

PrincessMommy said:
Those are so inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

I am wondering, both Paul and Lane, how do you get those nice rounded sides on your soap. Is that your mold? The cutter? I don't plan to sell soap, but I sure would like to have pretty looking soap when I'm done. Mine usually end up looking very "homey".
I use a simple potato/veggie peeler $.97 for two at wal-mart... I lay all of my soap out at the end of the week, pour a glass of wine, put on some music and bevel away!

Sliced these this morning!! Trace was to thick and the color was suppose to be pink... not purple...

Lily of the Valley
SITELIly.jpg

Ooo, I just did Lily of the Valley yesterday. Unmolding when I get home today. I tried the same thing, swirling with pink and white. I have a feeling the swirl didn't come out to well. Newbie, still working on that. I also think my pink will be more of a mauve.

My batter seemed to rice a bit when I added the FO. Did yours, by any chance?

kwahlne said:
Ooo, I just did Lily of the Valley yesterday. Unmolding when I get home today. I tried the same thing, swirling with pink and white. I have a feeling the swirl didn't come out to well. Newbie, still working on that. I also think my pink will be more of a mauve.

My batter seemed to rice a bit when I added the FO. Did yours, by any chance?
Nope, no ricing, but I've been using this FO for over a year now, I have to use low temps, anything over 100 degrees and it starts to have problems. My pink swirl is LabColor Bright Cherry... I think maybe something happened to the dye because it always use to be a pretty bright pink and now it is more of a deep raspberry... These bars would look GREAT if they were scented black raspberry vanilla!

digit said:
PrincessMommy said:
I am wondering, both Paul and Lane, how do you get those nice rounded sides on your soap. Is that your mold?

Click on the link in Paul's signature for TOG mold shop. He makes a beveler and planer that turns a homely bar into a bar fit for a princess. :D

I have one and it is works beautifully.

Digit

thanks! But, when I click on the "bevelers/planers" its empty. :cry: no pictures...

Back