Young Living brand?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Soap Friends, friends frequently will give me those tiny essential oil bottles because they know I make soap. I was recently given Young Living Lushious Lemon. It is a blend of essential oils. It seems like it would be okay to use in cold process soap and lotion bars -- but I wanted to check with others for their advice.

I'm sure it would be okay. Apparently they have good oils (have a friend I've been trying for years to stop wasting her money on young living). But young living and doTerra are cults in my opinion 🤣🤣🤣🤣 especially doTerra after I saw a documentary on them, I was screaming at the TV saying "see, I told you it was a bloody cult" (to an empty room btw) 😂

But she loves her young living and is a soaper too, so I'm assuming she uses their oils in her soaps. Expensive Soap though. 🤣

I'd go for it personally.

They use that blend in their soaps (er..."soaps") And I make a similar blend also (cleaning spray) but without the Ylang Ylang (to excpensive!).

Looking at their ingredien list/INCI it looks safe enough, nothing stands out as unsafe per se, albeit the usage rates are low on many of them. But for soap I would not worry about that. (Ylang Ylang, 0.8% usage rate, Euc. Glob - 20%, Lemon Myrtle 0.7, Lemon 2.0% (distilled 20%, but they don`t say), Spearmint 1.7)

However I am not sure how much that blend will stick in soap considering you have such tiny ammount and the levels in the blend. I would consider it for liquid soap or at least HP soap, or it may fade to much.

Btw - how tiny is tiny? 5ml? 10? It will at least be enough to a small batch, depending on the ammount you have. However - and I know you didn`t ask for advice on what else to use it on - I would perhaps make a cleaning spray instead with that blend, or diffuse it, or something like that.

Edit: Not very fond of the brand itself as they claim so many things I can`t even... And their prices are outrageous. But, that is not that gratis little bottles fault, so it would be sad to see valuable oils go to waste.

I just looked at the price... $52.30 for 15ml thankyouverymuch...:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks, you 2, I appreciate you getting back to me.

Before I posted, I searched and found lots of strong opinions about this brand here! I also am floored, it's 0.5 fluid ounces/15 mL, and yes, goes for $52!!!

All my friends that give me these bottles are well-meaning and I know these tiny bottles are the most common in stores. I think it's cute -- if they only saw my soap workshop and my collection of giant bottles of EOs!

Thanks, you 2, I appreciate you getting back to me.

Before I posted, I searched and found lots of strong opinions about this brand here! I also am floored, it's 0.5 fluid ounces/15 mL, and yes, goes for $52!!!

All my friends that give me these bottles are well-meaning and I know these tiny bottles are the most common in stores. I think it's cute -- if they only saw my soap workshop and my collection of giant bottles of EOs!

Sssshhhh, don`t tell them. You know, free stuff 🤫🤭

Not essential oils for me (I wish!), but soaps. Soaps galore! Because sometimes I get soaps from my mother in law and her sister, from their travels (well, before that pandemic thing happened). "Since I like soap so much" they thought I`d have some more.
😬😹🤪

It is really sweet of them, and I don`t say anything other than being very gratefull and let them know they are so sweet for thinking of me. But it isn`t even those handmade soaps type from locals, but factory and mass produced soaps that are harsh and drying. Just makes me even more grateful that I make my own so I don`t have to use them, and can put them in the pile of oooh, I can`t possibly use these!

Latest posts

Back