You might be a soap addict if...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panda

Reaction score
You might be a soap addict if...

You disdain any soap you didn't make yourself.
You have more fragrance oils than you do spices.
The fridge is full of vegetable oils to be used for soapmaking.
You use the stockpot to make soap.
You have more "soap" utensils than you do "cooking" ones!
You own a stick blender, and use it.
You keep coconut oil in the freezer.
Your mate has learned NOT to taste that interesting stuff in the casserole dish!
You get excited when lye goes on sale.
You've bought olive oil in the one gallon container.
You're on a first-name basis with the UPS guy.
Your house always smells like you've swiped the inventory from "The Body Shop".
You give your local UPS and USPS delivery people hernias from delivery vats and vats of M&P base.
You know the names of the Customer Service reps at those companies and they know you.
You immediately jump to this thread to find out how addicted you are.
You carry free samples of soap in your purse, your briefcase and your car, just in case.
You try writing off your "work cupboard" as a home business tax expense.
You denude your lavender bushes before they're ready so that your lavender soap looks right.
Your husband trips over all of the plastic soap molds hastily stacked in the kitchen.
Kitchen? what kitchen? YOU have a test laboratory.
You know the difference between M&P and CP.
You don't have friends, you have test markets.
You view bath salts as an economical way to create room deodorizers.
You see products in stores and recognize which companies sold the molds.
The UPS guy rolls his eyes every time he lugs a box to your house.

"You're on a first-name basis with the UPS guy."

His name is Alex. :wink:

Yep, most of those!! 'Cept I don't soap in my kitchen. I'm lucky enough to have a building next door that we own which I used to run as a cafe. I use that kitchen as my workshop!!

Our house has a basement apartment we used to rent out but now I use the spare kitchen as my "soap laboratory"

Bliss, isn't it wonderful escaping the phone and all other distractions and going to the lab?
Only problemo for me is at the moment the temp is about 35c in my workshop and I can only work early morning or night time. :cry:

I've only been making soap a couple months now, and already most of those are true!!

I give my USPS man soap! LOL...

I am always in the grocery store and I go to the oil aisle first! LOL..

I look at everything for a possible mold.

I ask for soap supplies for Christmas.

Guilty as charged.....

My weight room is now my soap room. The treadmill now holds buckets of coconut oil, almond oil and m&p base.

Your house always smells like you've swiped the inventory from "The Body Shop".

I love this - except when you make a batch where the fragrance doesn't come out right - sometimes it takes forever to get the yucky smell out.

This is awesome. But i'm only half, so I'll do this:
1. Put my coconut oil in the freezer right away.
2. Tell my roommate not to taste any interesting thing on the casserole dish.
3. Make my roommate my husband (she trips over all my molds, too).
4. Carry free sample of my soap EVERYWHERE.

love it!
Ups guy- I call my "brown boyfriend" ( he wears brown!) I have a long gravel driveway, at a major incline and he has to walk the supplies down a icy driveway, I give him free soap!
I got kicked out of the kitchen lab, now have my own cottage to soap in, SO nice.

I'm starting to take over several cabinets in our kitchen. Luckily, we have lots of cabinet space, but.....I am about the relegate my husbands beer making equipment to the basement - he makes beer a lot less often than I make soap. :roll:

Our UPS guy's name is Mike. :)
I've been making soap since January and I just LOVE it! :) I'm definitely an addict lol :lol:

Latest posts

Back