You know you're addicted to soapmaking when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayceworks

Reaction score
You're sitting in the hospital bed, bored, and notice on the bottom of the pink plastic water pitcher that it's PP5 and think to yourself, hmm. If hubby would bring me some lye and coconut oil, I could mix up some soap and not be bored!
:rolleyes:

That's true love with soaping but why are you in the hospital?

Eh, I get pneumonia fairly often. My immune system has a crazy habit of ignoring real intruders and attacking me instead lol. Just one of those things....

You may want to avoid going out with wet hair (like just after a shower) may want to use a hair dryer ( if you don't)

Since so far as I have done only mp here is my story......

When i work from home 8 hours a day (my full time job) and while working, at the back of my mind, thinking of how creative can i be and I can't wait until I get my 15 minute break and soap something quick.... And then take pictures and share with family and friends when ready!!!!!

You can't cook dinner cause there is soap in the oven...or do the dishes cause the dishwasher is full of soap pots...or do laundry cause the washer is full of soapy rags... no housework is getting done around here, there is more soap to be made!

Whenever I go grocery shopping I always have to check the aisle with all the oils. I usually buy more than what I need and hide them in my soaping supplies stash ;-).

This is So true of me too. I have to check every store I usually shop in, even though I already know what they carry. Then I got the bright idea to try ethnic stores too. I know where several African, Asian, and European markets are. I pick a few a month (one or two a week ) to stop at just to see if there is something "different". Ummm, and yes, I hide them also. Same as I do with my yarn and craft supplies. I'm running out of places to stash my stashes.

Oh no good :( I hope you're not stuck in there for too long. That's a top level soaping addiction to be triggered by the sight of a plastic jug.

One of my addiction signs would have to be my saved favourites list. Mostly pages involving soap somehow.

You know your addicted when your thinking of making soap, and were all thinking of u getting better. Best wishes. :)

When you have to swear to yourself that you WILL NOT make soap or do anything 'soap making" for X number of days/weeks just so you can clean your house, grocery shop, do laundry, spend time with family/friends.......

My time off this Thanksgiving I'm taking my family out for dinner. Much more relaxing than me cooking a turkey dinner. Oh, did I mention that we can't sit at the dining room table because its piled with curing bars of soap LOL.

Back