You know you're a soapmaker when....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The police do a knock and talk, questioning all the packages with "hazmat" labels on them.

I have had that knock and talk. The nice policeman followed the postman to my door. I sent soap (and a printed out recipe) for him, his wife, the chief of police, and his wife. Told him if anyone else needed proof, come back with scent requests.

The police do a knock and talk, questioning all the packages with "hazmat" labels on them.

I've had that knock too. Mine was "unofficial" though, as I live in a neighborhood with a high number of servicemen as neighbors. In fact, the one to my left is S.W.A.T.

He came to my door when I had a 50lb bag of NaOH delivered to his house because the delivery driver didn't want to leave it on my porch unattended. LOL

Seriously. Kittish, post a pic! :mrgreen:

Ok. Takes two pics to get a good view of it. Measured and the whole setup is right at 31 inches long. It's just these little single dishes lined up end to end along the back of the sink, so it'd be easy to make one as long as you want. Every so often I move the whole thing and wipe down the counter under them where wet soap drips.

longdish1-1770.jpg

longdish2-1771.jpg

The really dark one at the far right of the bottom picture is my vanillin trial. It smells wonderful, and is decent soap, but boy howdy does it stain! Dark brown lather, and if you leave it on your skin for more than a few seconds it does produce noticeable (though temporary) staining. My niece insisted on using that soap to wash her hands not too long ago, because it smells so good. She didn't believe me about the lather or the staining, until it was too late. *snerk*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, that's awesome! I only allow myself 2 bar soaps (and 1 liquid soap...) on-the-go, otherwise I think I'd have too much trouble choosing what to use.

Back