You know you're a soapmaker when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You walk buy the soap aisle and look at all the new detergent oh I mean new soap that is available and think to yourself that you need to get some to clean your back porch with, lol! :)

I can go right along with the buying expensive oils that you wouldn't one time buy for food, and the kitchen gadgets that I inspect for how the can relate to soaping...but I remember a post way back on a thread like this that really hit home: you know your soapmaker when your taking more pictures of your soaps than you are of your family.

Really, I take more pictures of all of my products than I do of my family. Although, with my iPhone, they definitely get their fair share of pictures too.

ETA: Seriously, guys! It was a good dream!! I can't stop thinking about it. : )

All I do is talk soap to everyone. My husband says I'm obsessed. Not obsessed, infatuated. Eh, just a smidge obsessed I guess. :) Ill talk so much about soap and be lookin at my phone for new recipes and such and by the time I look up waiting for a response and he's gone.

All I do is talk soap to everyone. My husband says I'm obsessed. Not obsessed, infatuated. Eh, just a smidge obsessed I guess. :) Ill talk so much about soap and be lookin at my phone for new recipes and such and by the time I look up waiting for a response and he's gone.

Ooh! Infatuated! I was just thinking of this word to tell my neighbor. : ) Hey, he's on the same page, so it's okay. : )

When you go to a neighborhood block party and admire some layered dessert thingy and think, "HMM....That would be a cool soap, chocolate, marshmallow, chocolate"....OH>>>>look at that dessert...."chocolate,toasted marshmallow and little pieces of grahram cracker"....Heck yeah...."smores soap"...why not? lol

When your teenagers say any of the following:

"MOM, why is there soap in the fridge?"
"Why can't you make cupcakes that we CAN EAT?"
"OMG, you should have seen the huge mess mom had in the kitchen today. I came downstairs and she was like....in a chemistry lab with her apron, glasses and gloves"

When your husband says,
"Smells good, what are you making?" referring to some sweet bakery item that is not happening.

When you say to your teenagers....I love this one...
"I need you to empty the dishwasher, I think I may have lye on my hands and I don't want it to get on the dishes that we eat off of." BTW...you can use this one for a number of things..."Can you take out the trash? I don't want to get lye on the garbage can...just in case". OR "I need help cleaning the bathroom. I don't want to get lye on anything that you may have to touch!" LOL!!!!

ETA: You also feel a little hesitant to cook with a particular oil that you are planning to use for your next batch.

Hahahaha this is so what I do, too! :lol:

Oh and I laughed so hard at Patchouli Pasta! How does that happen? XD

Last edited:
Well "Eat your Heart Out ladies"! I have not one but two yard sale crock pots! I had a dream too, but it was about me buying another pistol. AND get this, my hubby was telling me the other day that that's all I talk about these days now is soap. Soap this and soap that, yada, yada, yada! But yesterday while making our soap, we fought over who was going to use the stickblender to get the cp to trace, funny huh?;)

I may be obsessed but he's following pursuit! :p Monkey see monkey do...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back