You know your house is hot...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...when you can pour 76 degree coconut oil and pipe your lard in an icing bag...

84.6 degrees according to my LaserGrip 1080

I've gotten so used to it, that when the bedroom air conditioner is on, I have to turn it off at around 75 degrees or else I freeze. Welcome to the South.

I work in the garage. House is kept "cool" at 81. Garage is closer to 90. I have yet to see solid coconut oil.....:Kitten Love:

Ah, one of the things I do not miss about moving away from Texas. A/C bills in December or anytime, no thanks! It's 60 outside right now... perfect flipflop weather! Of course, the May snow we kept getting this year was a wee bit aggravating.

The food though, what I wouldn't give for some Pappasitos.

yep, yesterday I picked up what I thought was a nearly empty jar of coconut oil, I was wondering if there was a residual amount in it, seeing no white coconut oil, I turned it upside down, and poured coconut oil right on my shirt...

I have no solid oils at my house right now except for my rendered tallow thats in the fridge in bags. Its so hot here..90+ yesterday and with the heat index it was registering like over 103..blech

I walk outside and its instant pouring sweat....hmm..wish I could think of a way to capture said sweat and make soap out of it hahaha {only half joking, cuz Id def try it if I could :lol:}

We had an unusually hot week recently and my studio reached 97 F (99 F at eye level). The fans were just blowing warm air at me! I moved to Makawao (1600' elevation) 3 years ago to get away from the Kihei heat but I didn't know to avoid tin roofs, which make the place into an oven :(

Aline, I sympathize but I'm in Florida so I guess I'm also in a place that gets like no sympathy either. It's been soooo hot here. Around 102-105 heat index repeatedly. Probably every day for the past 2 weeks.

I have good AC in my house but at work when I have to go across the plant site in my flame retardant (read thick and not breathable) dark blue, full length, long sleeve lab coat- I want to die.

Aline, I sympathize but I'm in Florida so I guess I'm also in a place that gets like no sympathy either. It's been soooo hot here. Around 102-105 heat index repeatedly. Probably every day for the past 2 weeks.

I have good AC in my house but at work when I have to go across the plant site in my flame retardant (read thick and not breathable) dark blue, full length, long sleeve lab coat- I want to die.

My evil twin said, "boo hoo hoo, cry me a river." My nice twin said, "oh my gosh! That's inhumane! How could they do that to you?"

Twins are having a knockdown right now. :lol:

K, I have one of those faceshields that I use most of the year, it really helps with the batter splashes. But just too hot to use it right now. I can't say it looks cool, though, I look like one of those alien hunters kitted out in lab coat, face shield, gloves, etc., god knows what the neighbors think ...

Totally off topic I guess but I have to wear a respirator for work every once in a while and it super hot in there but I scared a grown man with it on once! Little old me! Haha.

Gloves, lab coat and full face respirator. Crazy looking right there!

Our tech guy came in to survey our office and make sure everything was OK. He gave me a gas mask. The full face shield kind with the screw on canister. It's so cool! I just want to sit at my desk and wear it. (I hope I never have to, though. That would be bad. I'd look cool, but it would be bad.)

Holy cow! Yeah, we used to have people stay at our vacation rentals who said they came from Florida to get away from the heat!
Nobody has A/C here in Makawao because it's a nice temperature most of the time (and electricity is super-expensive in Hawaii). I would be fine in the summer if it wasn't for that darn tin roof (come on, give me some sympathy - I also have to deal with roosters crowing all day and centipedes in my studio!). Oh, and also I can't go visit any Soap Supply companies, and we don't have a Michael's or a JoAnn's, and I can't order from AH/RE because they only ship UPS. In fact, I just realized - I am STRANDED in the middle of the Pacific Ocean! :shock:

Last edited:
Back