You know you have soapy brain when......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You start to talk about soap making and you get so excited about it all that people start to move back, slowly, away from you, with an expression of mild concern on their faces (happened to me today)...
LOL - or they stand in place, nodding with their eyes glazed over. Happens all the time. I've learned that when people say 'tell me about making soap' they really just want a very short answer. As in, yes - I do actually use lye.

And in that vein,

... you go to a conference of 1500 marine scientists and talk to anyone who will listen about how interested you’ve become in the structure of triacylglycerides. They know all about triacylglycerides because they study marine food webs, but they still look at you like you’re from another planet...

You start to talk about soap making and you get so excited about it all that people start to move back, slowly, away from you, with an expression of mild concern on their faces (happened to me today)...
Good News: Perfect description!
Bad News: I've been at it for 15 years and I still do that! :rolleyes:

You explain the relative differences between cold process and hot process because it really is very important and your friend's interested gaze takes on an unfocused, glassy-eyed stare, but you just carry on explaining because it really is very important. Then she asks you what's for dinner...

...You go shopping in a kitchen supply store, and all you see is new tools and gadgets to use for making your soap! (I'm looking at you, novelty silicone ice cube trays!)

You have never in your life looked, let alone bought something, in the kitchen supplies section of the dollar store, but today you walk out, the proud owner of a silicon icing cone to make nice new shapes... with soap

You explain the relative differences between cold process and hot process because it really is very important and your friend's interested gaze takes on an unfocused, glassy-eyed stare, but you just carry on explaining because it really is very important. Then she asks you what's for dinner..
No no no no not on a date!! Sir Tim, you have to wait til she moves in before you have these conversations or she will RUN....
With best of luck she will only gradually notice your soaping insanity.

Back