You know you have soapy brain when......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You actually consider handing out soap to the kiddos on Halloween (to make room for more). I did, but not seriously. Well, not too seriously.
Can you imagine the kids talking later ..." one lady actually gave us SOAP!! SOAP?? Yeah - soap! What a weirdo!" :lol:

You actually consider handing out soap to the kiddos on Halloween (to make room for more). I did, but not seriously. Well, not too seriously.

:lol: I came close. We had tons of kids. Gave out 100 tubs of play-doh and 80 bags of pretzels in 2 hours!!! I turned to hubby and said "We could hand out soap." :goodbye1: But instead we went inside and turned out the lights.

I actually did give out soaps at Halloween! Had made a load of calendula pumpkins, charcoal bats and cats, pure (white) skulls, burdock leaf (green) toads etc etc to sell from my barrow but my peddler's licence still hasn't come through (UK - have been waiting six weeks) so I put them out for trick or treaters. I listened at the window a little while to see how they went down and they loved them. Realised later it's not a bad marketing idea and may do so purposefully next year.

LOL thats really funny....I am surprised at how many children love soaps...especially little boys. Who knew?
I've noticed that too... I have a 15-year-old grandson who asked for more soap the last time he was here... a week ago. Interesting.

A couple of years ago, before I started CP soap, i put together a few packages for my kids' school's silent auction. I had a big basket of various serums and oils and butters and lip balms and such (which I "priced" at $80), a smaller basket of same ($40), a package of 5 lip balms ($15) and some Star Wars M&P soaps ($12). At the end of the day, the big basket went for $40, the small basket for $20, the lip balms for $12, and two Grade 6 boys got into a bidding war over the Star Wars soaps which drove the price up to $29!! Who knew my market was Grade 6 boys???

some Star Wars M&P soaps ($12)
Lesson learned: Make more M&P bars next school auction.

I had a similar experience the one time I made M&P bars for my 3 grand-nephews in the Seattle area. Featured a red lobster in a somewhat "fragrant" kelp background. They raved over them... of course, they're bigger now and still play with the Santa's Belly Jelly Soap from the year before.

Latest posts

Back