you know it's hot when....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true. Last summer, or maybe it was more recent, not sure, my husband walked across the kitchen opening his little jar of CO to spread on his toast and spilled it all over the kitchen floor.

....When you step on black asphalt barefoot and your big toe gets a second degree burn - blister and everything!!

Last edited:
I was going to post one of these last night, but was too tired.

You know it's hot when your LARD is liquid. I poured my lard into my bowl. OK, not all of it was liquid, but it shocked the crud out of me to find any of it liquid. After I weighed out my 450 grams, I scooped out the rest into two containers and put it in the fridge. Fortunately there's only enough left for two batches, but still. How many have had their lard melt in their house? I'm afraid to check on my shea and coconut butters. I think I might have one other butter on the shelf, too. I know my beeswax is fine, though. If that ever melts, you know I'm dead and stinking up the house anyway.

ETA: That's coco butter, not coconut butter.

Last edited:
I'm getting heat sickness inside the building. I'd love to push it and make one more clyde slide attempt but I don't want to get any more nauseous than I've been for the last few days.

You walk into the bedroom where the portable air conditioner is set to 83 degrees and you immediately break out in goosebumps and enjoy the blissful cool sensation of "air conditioning." (Today's a good day, actually. It's only 90 degrees with 49% humidity where I am. Not painful to breathe.)

49% humidity?!?!? Swap those numbers and you have mine....

Wait, coconut oil is actually a solid? I only see that in December :mrgreen:

Friend of mine commented they keep the a/c on 74...and I thought to myself "that's jeans weather"... eeek!

49% humidity?!?!? Swap those numbers and you have mine....

Wait, coconut oil is actually a solid? I only see that in December :mrgreen:

Friend of mine commented they keep the a/c on 74...and I thought to myself "that's jeans weather"... eeek!

I know, right? I was shocked when I saw that on my phone. Yesterday it was 90 degrees at 8 PM with a humidity level of 89%. By the time I actually made my soap (around 10:30 PM) it had cooled off to 77 degrees and the humidity was down to 85%. Right now, there's a thunderstorm starting. I'm hoping that will cool thing off. But it might only make it hotter and muggier when it passes. I wonder how many limbs my trees will lose this time.

....When you step on black asphalt barefoot and your big toe gets a second degree burn - blister and everything!!

Ouch Cindy! You're supposed to fry an egg, not your feet!

It's only been about 90ish here, but being so close to Mexico the sun is just so much stronger. I have a small garden on a balcony and its suffering because I'll only water it at night - when I can't see how good of a job I'm doing.

Poor tomatoes hate me right now:cry:.

I know, right? I was shocked when I saw that on my phone. Yesterday it was 90 degrees at 8 PM with a humidity level of 89%. By the time I actually made my soap (around 10:30 PM) it had cooled off to 77 degrees and the humidity was down to 85%. Right now, there's a thunderstorm starting. I'm hoping that will cool thing off. But it might only make it hotter and muggier when it passes. I wonder how many limbs my trees will lose this time.

I lived in the south for many years; loved the laid back friendly culture, but despised the summers! I would not go outside until 8 at night! Then...there's the bugs...:evil:

I hate, hate anything on my feet. (Not good for an insulin dependent diabetic)... but I love walking barefoot. Not anymore. I went to check the mailbox and the grass is all crunchy so I walked down the street. Big mistake. I won't do that again anytime soon.

It's so crazy readying about the heat. Here in Newfoundland it's 20 something right now and we're all having trouble sleeping ahah I would perish if I went to where some of you guys are!!

Ouch Cindy, I know how much that hurts. Back in Dallas, I had to walk across an asphalt parking lot... my heel sunk in and wouldn't come out. I had to hop on one foot to my car - open door and balance to let the heat out before I could bear to get inside. In my hurry to finally get out of there, I forgot about the metal on the seat-belt. I ended up at home with a blistering burn on my shoulder and no shoe. Never did a Tecate and lime taste so good once I got in the door.

Well we had such a wonderful Spring here; we were bound to get the heat sooner or later. The humidity though is a killer! That and we have not had the rain.

Latest posts

Back