You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Discussion in 'SMF Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules' started by penelopejane, Mar 13, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 20, 2019 #41

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

The topic of comparing the cure time to an olive castile was introduced (by Zany) on the first page of the "No Slime" thread (3 months ago).

The suggested cure time was 3 months, so comparisons between the soap with a little bicarbonate and the olive castiles needed to wait until this milestone was reached (the next milestone would have been at about 9 to 12 months, to do a side-by-side comparison with a plain olive castile soap)

This feedback, from people who had spent time, effort and money testing the recipe, was just beginning when @Zany_in_CO asked for the thread to be closed.

Posted by @Zany_in_CO, on the first page of the No Slime thread:
    https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/zanys-no-slime-castile.72620/#post-731948
    "... I found an old recipe for Faux Sea Water. Tried it. Liked the result immensely. It was just the final tweak necessary to get the bar, not only slime free, but to cure quickly as well. I'm currently using a bar that I started using after the 6-week mark and it's as good, IMO, as a 1-year cure.

It's true... many soapers wait a full year before selling their castile soap. IME, (In My Experience) 12 weeks/3 months is enough for the formula I used before this one. :cool:

But, as mentioned above, the longer the cure, the better the bar."

(So far, 5 people have found the recipe to be slimy)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    penelopejane likes this.
  2. Mar 20, 2019 #42

plumpvalley

plumpvalley

plumpvalley

Wow, I have really enjoyed reading everyone's contribution to the comments in this thread. I would like to spend some time adding more to mine but, I am out the door going to shop for more soaping ingredients. I do agree on our ability to estimate our own self control of topic contribution. Aren't there a couple of elected officials to guide the forum if the kids don't turn off the water and get off the lawn?

3. Mar 20, 2019 #43

lsg

lsg

lsg

Staff Member Admin

Let us get back to the original topic and stay on that topic. Back and forth bickering is why many threads are closed. I think Rules#1 and #5 apply to this thread.

Ma'amMixalot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.