Yogurt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe so. That is about what a fridge temp is at. The only reason I didn't go that route (and I did think about it) is I hope to make this year round and wanted to see what I could expect at my normal room temp.

Just made my first yogurt soap. Used cinnamon and ginger EO, colored it with annatto seed, titanium dioxide, cocoa, and dark red Brazilian clay. Replaced half of my water with the yogurt and added to oil. Now its sitting by an open window with ceiling fan on :)

Umm looks frickin' gorgeous :thumbup:

Here it is cut :) My son said it looks like camo.

cinnamon ginger eo yogurt soap- cut.jpg

I use 10% of the water to dissolve my lye, then I add one 8 ounce whole fat yogurt (no adjustments made for the fat) and then make up the difference with pureed cucumber. It is one of my favorite soaps. I do mix the yogurt and cucumber and freeze it first.

I'm with boyago on this. I'm also curious about yer method when you mentioned 10%. As far as i understand, lye needs water in the amount of 100% of its weight to dissolve properly. Like judy, i also throw a few grams more water just to be safe.

Back