yogurt with lye?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerb

Reaction score
hey all I want to give a yogurt bar a try! I have some yogurt frozen into ice cube trays, some diluted with water, some just yogurt. I figured I'd do it like I do goats milk, add the lye to the cubes slowly. But looking online couldn't find anything too helpful. Some say to just add yogurt in at trace? Any one tried any of this? please and thanks!

*also trying my first fragrance oil today :eek:*

I would add fragrance the first time with something known - I wouldn't change the liquid and add fragrance the same batch.

You could do the frozen method, or the 50/50 where you make your lye solution with water at a 50/50 ratio of lye to water and then mix your yoghurt in to the oils at the right amount to make your total liquid (water+yogurt) correct

Here are a couple links of CP soaps made with yogurt. Both use a mix of water & yogurt, so not 100% yogurt for water replacement.

Lemon Yogurt Soap by the Curious Soapmaker

Cucumber & Yogurt Soap by the ModernSoapmaker

I've added a tablespoon or two or yogurt to HP to give it a smoother texture before molding. But have not tried a true yogurt soap per se. Sounds like a fun project!

Latest posts

Back